Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone got an original Special or Sunburst (late 70s-early 80s) they wanna trade?

I gotta be “space neutral” (or even negative) so curious if anyone has a Special or Sunburst they want to trade?  I have some moderately random stuff to trade.  

Here’s what I have available to trade:

Kirn barnbuster with a big ass neck

65 AVRI Strat

Navigator 335 copy from the 80s

maybe a Carr amp (Hammerhead ii head and cab)

72 Silverface Champ (w orig speaker and also a new Jupiter)

pedals (Mythical Overdrive vintage spec, big muff pi, boogie 5 band graphic, benson preamp, Boss chorus, Boss flanger)

Fundamentally, I’d like a Special or Sunburst but wanna make space not add more stuff, and dont want to spend any money.  End of the day would def like to move a guitar plus whatever else to make it close to even.  Space, need space.   

So, given all that randomness, if anyone has a cool guitar lmk.  I am not wed to any one color or B/C etc - actually prefer simple and dots, but will look at anything that is in good shape.  Prefer original unless a stupendous mod (like that black special/sunburst Jr that was posted recently).  

And of course, let me know what you’d like to see.  I will post some prelim photos but will obviously get more if you are interested in something in particular.  

Yeah, I know,  I should probably just sell some crap.  But I am busy and if this works it saves me some fiddling.

p.s. if you wanna throw a Newport 90 for trade instead of a special or sunburst, I am open. 😉

• stedge changed the title to Anyone got an original Special or Sunburst (late 70s-early 80s) they wanna trade?

the kirn is 1.65 at the nut, and just over an inch at 1 and 12.  Beefy.

The 65 Avri specs are out there.  It is much more significant and rounded than my 87 american strat etc, so a solid medium + on that one.  The 87 has the usual wee tiny neck.  I just have an emotional attachment to it so did not put it up for trade, but if someone has to have an 80s strat we can always talk.  

well, no interest as expected.  May post some simply for sale, put on craigslist, and if nothing, then perhaps consign.  

It's all for the better - thinking of a Shishkov if the right old Hamer does not come along.  Only had one other thing custom made (a bike) and that was a great and lifetime purchase 20 years ago.  Anyway, considering...

Archived