Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Brett ( I like beer) Kavanaugh caught on film in Prince George's county Maryland in 1986

How about a time point to skip to? Don't need to watch 30 minutes of headbangers waxing intellectual. ;)

On 2/7/2021 at 2:26 PM, diablo175 said:

How about a time point to skip to? Don't need to watch 30 minutes of headbangers waxing intellectual. ;)

*Sigh*

I did watch the whole 30+ mins. video.

Was worth it: A precise document about US youth culture 35 years ago with deep insights.

Thanks for the heads up!

\m/

More Camaros and durty Murlen axschents than should be allowed by law!

Sadly for the esteemed Justice, his buddy Squee was stuck in Dewey Beach that weekend working a double with me at Crabber’s Cove in Ruddertowne (that’s actually true).  I remember that because none of us could take off for Memorial Day weekend!

On 2/7/2021 at 9:26 AM, 79Sunburst said:

*Sigh*

'86 I was going on 21. I lived that scene, though perhaps not to the extent that some of these folks did. My Camaro was an old, hand-me-down Mazda GLC and I had a buzz cut. I did have a cheesy mustache though so, there's that. :P

32 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Mazda GLC

Damn, I had a "Great Little Car" myself.  The reverse-hinged hood gave me the slightest hope that it wasn't as uncool as it actually was.  I was, however, able to drive it well past 250K miles before I sold it, which a comparable-era Camaro would relate as "headliner sagging, engine rebuilt, transmission replaced...twice, sold for parts"

40 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Damn, I had a "Great Little Car" myself.  The reverse-hinged hood gave me the slightest hope that it wasn't as uncool as it actually was.  I was, however, able to drive it well past 250K miles before I sold it, which a comparable-era Camaro would relate as "headliner sagging, engine rebuilt, transmission replaced...twice, sold for parts"

The only good thing about our Mazda, aside from the fact that it survived the previous owner (before dad bought it)  and all 3 of us kids, was the "sun roof"- a hand cranked deal that didn't seem to be so appealing given the lack of air conditioning. Hell, that thing didn't even have more than a AM/FM radio so, I couldn't even bang my head to anything heavier than what they were playing on the radio, which didn't include much Judas Priest.  :P

On 2/9/2021 at 11:29 AM, Ed Rechts said:

The girl in the video still up top is my former guitar player's wife, Michelle Jackson.

A great mom and a great dog trainer in Gainesville, VA now.

My old band did much of the soundtrack to the "revisited anniversary" of this film a few years back.

I was thankfully out of DC and already in Hollywood CA when this fiasco was filmed, or my spandexed ass would be in there babbling suburbanite white boy nonsense with the rest of these disenfranchised youth instead of doing **cough** activities with Izzy Stradlin on the Sunset Strip.

Enjoy...

I was disappointed that they did not ask Zebra Man if he still thinks Madonna's a dick.

3 hours ago, RobB said:

I’m sure he’s come to appreciate The Dicks and Circle of Shit. 

I was not surprised that he said he listens to mostly country music now and I'm just going to assume it's the hair metal 2.0 horseshit like Florida Georgia Line and whatnot.

Also, I'm a fairly dim bulb. I still don't get the BK reference in the OP?

54 minutes ago, Stike said:

I was not surprised that he said he listens to mostly country music now and I'm just going to assume it's the hair metal 2.0 horseshit like Florida Georgia Line and whatnot.

Apparently there's a guy in the video who looks like BK. 

1 hour ago, Stike said:

14 minutes ago, sonic1974 said:

I'm pretty certain it's the parking attendant in the beginning.

17 minutes ago, sonic1974 said:

I sure missed it. But then, BK's mug is not one I particularly have committed to memory.

1 hour ago, Stike said:

This.

Brett K. grew up, went to high school and college 10-15 miles away from the Cap Centre.  I saw him the last time we had dinner with my F-I-L at Columbia CC - they were catching a drink at the bar.

I'm still friends with "Squee".  Brett is not.

31 minutes ago, sonic1974 said:

Oh, I thought that was Mark McKinney from Kids In The Hall.

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Biz Prof said:

I nominate this to be, hereafter, the formal name of the genre.  

Bro Country is faster though.

On 2/10/2021 at 2:04 PM, diablo175 said:

'86 I was going on 21. I lived that scene, though perhaps not to the extent that some of these folks did. My Camaro was an old, hand-me-down Mazda GLC and I had a buzz cut. I did have a cheesy mustache though so, there's that. :P

On 2/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, Biz Prof said:

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=QhVqnhe5m6c&list=RDAMVMQhVqnhe5m6c

I was 7 in 1986.

And I was way into all of this stuff already by then.  Listening back to some of the albums I had on tape back then, I really can't believe my parents let me listen to it.    I was listening to Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and Aerosmith pretty much nonstop by then.

Which is all to say it has to be the reason I turned out so messed up, haha.

Archived