Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Brett ( I like beer) Kavanaugh caught on film in Prince George's county Maryland in 1986

24 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I was 7 in 1986.

And I was way into all of this stuff already by then.  Listening back to some of the albums I had on tape back then, I really can't believe my parents let me listen to it.    I was listening to Poison, Whitesnake, Motley Crue, and Aerosmith pretty much nonstop by then.

Which is all to say it has to be the reason I turned out so messed up, haha.

Well, maybe why you fit in so well here?

21 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Ok, so in ‘86 when I was dating your mama.... er wait, @polara’s mama? Shit. It was too long ago. I can’t remember.

Last couple of girls I dated were born after 95.  Making playlists for a road trips was practically impossible. 

On 2/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, Biz Prof said:

Damn, I had a "Great Little Car" myself.  The reverse-hinged hood gave me the slightest hope that it wasn't as uncool as it actually was.  I was, however, able to drive it well past 250K miles before I sold it, which a comparable-era Camaro would relate as "headliner sagging, engine rebuilt, transmission replaced...twice, sold for parts"

@diablo175and you and I all. A sort of bronze colored GLC. Agreed, it was a well-made car, and got me to many a band rehearsal and through a few road trips.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:07 PM, gtrdaddy said:

Ok, so in ‘86 when I was dating your mama.... er wait, @polara’s mama? Shit. It was too long ago. I can’t remember.

I'm still trying to figure how I got dragged into this. Musta been my Mazda GLC. But dang, I just read @LucSulla's comment. After 1995? Yes, I'm officially old.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:30 PM, LucSulla said:

Last couple of girls I dated were born after 95.  Making playlists for a road trips was practically impossible. 

Another I feel old post here as I got married in 95.

It's early and I'm slightly hungover but I'm going to attempt basic math here.

You were born in 79 making you 16 in 95. Anyone born in 95 wouldn't have been legal to date until 2013 when you were 34? Yeah I can't imagine trying to pick music or tv shows or movies in that situation. 🤣

1 hour ago, polara said:

@diablo175and you and I all. A sort of bronze colored GLC. Agreed, it was a well-made car, and got me to many a band rehearsal and through a few road trips.

Mine was more of beige-ish tan color. Ugly as sin. Especially for dude who has preferences for garish, retina searing colors in his guitar finishes. I used to have a photo of the band I was in at the time, with me draped over the roof, laying on my side, pretending to do some insane tapping technique on my hot-rodded Strat. Really would love to find that as a visual supplement to this thread. 🤣

3 hours ago, Stike said:

Another I feel old post here as I got married in 95.

It's early and I'm slightly hungover but I'm going to attempt basic math here.

You were born in 79 making you 16 in 95. Anyone born in 95 wouldn't have been legal to date until 2013 when you were 34? Yeah I can't imagine trying to pick music or tv shows or movies in that situation. 🤣

The last girl I dated I guess was 22.  I was 38.  😂

I admit this was stupid, and it went even worse than you might have guessed.  But she was six feet tall, red headed, and looked like a valkyrie.  I'd look at her and just imagine a brood of progeny who would go on to successful careers of sacking monasteries all along the the north of England.  And in all sincerity, I found that to be fucking hot.

The farther that gets in the past, the less I regret it, haha. But the good is always easier to remember than the bad in retrospect.

These days I stick to closer to my own age and also tend to date in Memphis more than here locally.  Maybe I actually learned something for once, lol.  "A Pirate Looks at Forty" is a fine song but apparently a very poor instruction manual for life.

At least I never wanted to jump Rob Halford's bones, but I do enjoy his Instagram account.  <- My poor attempt to bring it all back around right there.

5 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Mine was more of beige-ish tan color. Ugly as sin. Especially for dude who has preferences for garish, retina searing colors in his guitar finishes. I used to have a photo of the band I was in at the time, with me draped over the roof, laying on my side, pretending to do some insane tapping technique on my hot-rodded Strat. Really would love to find that as a visual supplement to this thread. 🤣

This is what my GLC looked like, except mine also had the manual sunroof.  If I recall correctly, I was somehow able to fit a 4x12 cab in the boot (A Fender version).  Not bad for an econobox.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, polara said:

5 hours ago, diablo175 said:

28 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

This is what my GLC looked like, except mine also had the manual sunroof.  If I recall correctly, I was somehow able to fit a 4x12 cab in the boot (A Fender version).  Not bad for an econobox.

spacer.png

Y'all really need to listen to the song I posted earlier in this thread. 🤣

1 hour ago, Stike said:

Y'all really need to listen to the song I posted earlier in this thread. 🤣

Just did. 😆

Coincidentally, I saw this gem at the bottom of the play list: The Scrapple Song. As a PA resident and a lover of that peculiar if not vile food, I HAD to listen to it.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=-7QA6UZvjdI&list=RDAMVMQhVqnhe5m6c

Everything but the good parts and the squeal!

Archived