Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2006 "Dave's Guitar Shop" Studio Custom 14 of 30 at Dave's

Feast!  (Obviously no affiliation)

654495.jpg

Natural, Number 14 of the 30 that we had built for us in 2006, Carved Redwood top, Mahogany body, Three piece Mahogany neck with a bound 12″ radius Rosewood fingerboard and medium frets, 24.75″ scale length, 1 11/16th” nut width, 3-way toggle switching with the volume/volume/tone controls, Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece, Schaller tuners, The neck thickness is .89″ at the first and .95″ at the 12th frets, 8.2 pounds, With hardshell case, Very good

* Please note – Seymour Duncan Custom Shop SLU bridge and neck pickups have been installed

Amazing how much incorrect information in the listing!

Color of pics is much redder than real

SLU pick ups were standard and the fretboard is Brazilian, info for those interested and don’t know!

arniez

These are crazy beautiful in hand. The redwood bouncing off the binding/pick up surrounds is awesome. Only let mine go (dumnass), cause my E.M. Edged it out by a hair for playing time. In the most complimentary way, this kept saying, tuxedo appropriate.

On 2/8/2021 at 3:33 PM, topekatj said:

Nice CHATOYANCE! Some of the prettiest mahogany I've seen on a Hamer of this vintage.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, Toadroller said:

Learned a new vocab word today.  Oeil de Chat (eye of the cat)

Before looked it up I thought it was that anger I felt when one of the kids had filled their diaper at an inopportune (public) occasion.  

"Unable to find a sitter, we made our way to the DMV.  At the two hour mark of standing in line, little Marcy filled her diaper.  I felt the chatoyance come over me in waves!"  

On 2/8/2021 at 4:32 PM, Carl.B said:

Just out of curiosity was " Dave's Guitar Shop"  the only one's who had a special run of these?  Didn't Willcutt's  have a run of these too?

There were just 30 made, but not one store. They were allocated to various Hamer dealers. Yes Willcutt had a couple, as well as Wolfe and several others.

On 2/8/2021 at 12:47 PM, velorush said:

Feast!  (Obviously no affiliation)

654495.jpg

Natural, Number 14 of the 30 that we had built for us in 2006, Carved Redwood top, Mahogany body, Three piece Mahogany neck with a bound 12″ radius Rosewood fingerboard and medium frets, 24.75″ scale length, 1 11/16th” nut width, 3-way toggle switching with the volume/volume/tone controls, Tune-o-matic bridge and stop tailpiece, Schaller tuners, The neck thickness is .89″ at the first and .95″ at the 12th frets, 8.2 pounds, With hardshell case, Very good

* Please note – Seymour Duncan Custom Shop SLU bridge and neck pickups have been installed

The last two words in their descriptions apply to the guitar and they're spot on in my experience, the Talladega I just bought was listed as "excellent" and I couldn't find a mark on it, zero issues.

Archived