Hamer Fan Club Message Center

10 hours ago, DaveL said:

Nice.  Man he gets around.  That looks just like the Rick Nielsen model that he does thru Carlino Guitars in Boston.   

The Carlinos are copies of the Dwight Eliminator.  Most of the Carlino stuff is imported from Indonesia or China, but set up in the US.  He was the guy slapping "Hamer USA" logos on trimmed headstock imports and selling them as Hamer USA guitars that were signed by Lita Ford.  For $5k a pop. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The Carlinos are copies of the Dwight Eliminator.  Most of the Carlino stuff is imported from Indonesia or China, but set up in the US.  He was the guy slapping "Hamer USA" logos on trimmed headstock imports and selling them as Hamer USA guitars that were signed by Lita Ford.  For $5k a pop. 

Arent The Lita guitars marketed by Cara not Carlino guitars.   Are they somehow affiliated with carlino?     

12 hours ago, DaveL said:

Arent The Lita guitars marketed by Cara not Carlino guitars.   Are they somehow affiliated with carlino?     

I think you're right - sorry for any confusion.  Jim Cara is a big blowhard, which may be where I confused the two!

• Like 2

That’s awesome!

As an aside, the only reason I know how your wife’s name is pronounced is because my wife has a friend with the same name....  But I bet it gets mangled all the time!

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Cary said:

As an aside, the only reason I know how your wife’s name is pronounced is because my wife has a friend with the same name....  But I bet it gets mangled all the time!

Fellow Catholic school boy....how Irish was your upbringing?

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...