Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I actually bought a NEW Guitar. Music Man Stingray RS Guitar in Pacific Blue Sparkle

Some years back, Music Man used to have a "Premier Dealer Network", and they would do special runs in one off colors, often with some fancy stuff like flamed maple necks, SS frets etc. These packages could be added to pretty much any guitar they sold. Well, they stopped doing that, and focused more on their "Ball Family Reserve" runs, which are more specific instruments, and a bit more blinged out.

However, the Premier Dealer Network never really went away, and more well known dealers still do exclusive runs. DuBaldo Music in CT had a "Diablo Blue" run, which was very nice, but not quite for me.  However, Sweetwater worked with Music Man and came out with two exclusive runs, Eclipse Sparkle, which is pretty much a charcoal sparkle with a blackburst edge, and Pacific Blueburst, which is this majestic color:

spacer.png

This was a "Guitar Gallery" guitar, so my Rep emailed me the pictures. All I can say is that even these pictures really don't do it justice, especially the insanely flamed maple neck. It really plays awesome, and has a great vintage sound. MM has really been upping their game with their in house designed guitar pickups, and seem to be relying much less on Dimarzio in some cases. Their Stingray RS, Cutlass RS, Mariposa, and even now their Luke III guitars all use in house pickups.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, kjq69 said:

Stunning....."roasted Maple" neck. I DIG IT!!!!

Music Man is going to roasted maple in a big way. The flame on it is incredible. The sparkle is also incredible, AND it has a matching headstock, which definitely made it cost more, but dang it is beautiful.

2 hours ago, polara said:

Those are super guitars. I've only bought two new guitars ever, and one was an EBMM St. Vincent. They have great designs and quality control there. Happy NGD!

Oh nice! Did you go for the Three Mini or Dual Humbucker version?

9 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Some years back, Music Man used to have a "Premier Dealer Network", and they would do special runs in one off colors, often with some fancy stuff like flamed maple necks, SS frets etc. These packages could be added to pretty much any guitar they sold. Well, they stopped doing that, and focused more on their "Ball Family Reserve" runs, which are more specific instruments, and a bit more blinged out.

However, the Premier Dealer Network never really went away, and more well known dealers still do exclusive runs. DuBaldo Music in CT had a "Diablo Blue" run, which was very nice, but not quite for me.  However, Sweetwater worked with Music Man and came out with two exclusive runs, Eclipse Sparkle, which is pretty much a charcoal sparkle with a blackburst edge, and Pacific Blueburst, which is this majestic color:

spacer.png

This was a "Guitar Gallery" guitar, so my Rep emailed me the pictures. All I can say is that even these pictures really don't do it justice, especially the insanely flamed maple neck. It really plays awesome, and has a great vintage sound. MM has really been upping their game with their in house designed guitar pickups, and seem to be relying much less on Dimarzio in some cases. Their Stingray RS, Cutlass RS, Mariposa, and even now their Luke III guitars all use in house pickups.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Blue is back!!! BLUE, 17, HUT, HUT

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

Oh nice! Did you go for the Three Mini or Dual Humbucker version?

The three minis. I tried the HH one and it was fine but the switching of the triple-mini, and the sound was like nothing else I've ever played. Incredibly versatile.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:09 PM, BubbaVO said:

Bad ass! 

It really is. I think of the entire run that Sweetwater did, the Stingray looks the best. Definitely the black pickguard helps, for me anyway.

4 hours ago, 79Sunburst said:

I have a friend that is a fanatic over Stingray basses. 

Yeah, I've got two Stingray 5s. Great basses. They just revamped them to be lighter and more "modern", while at the same time releasing some "classic" series ones that are much more like the late 1970s ones.  Of course right now due to Covid the selection available is much reduced.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:12 PM, rugby1970 said:

Blue is back!!! BLUE, 17, HUT, HUT

This is probably the only color I may like MORE than the rarely seen "blue dawn" sparkle Blueburst EBMM brings out once every 10 years or so.

Archived