Hamer Fan Club Message Center

A Lil' Help?

diablo175

Forgive if this is a repeat but...

Needle in a hay stack / SUPER long shot scenario here but looking for anyone who has or knows someone who has an old Akai MG 1212 or 1214 multi-track console. I have an old recording ('88 @ West Chester Music) on a MK20 cassette (pictured) I need to dump into digital format. The ONLY place I knew of that had one working is/was in Texas and the owner has since stopped returning calls. 

Cassette.jpg

I bought my Washburn acoustic at West Chester Music in 1990.  Not surprising, since lived there from 85-95.

Check in at the Home Recording Forum.  That’s where I found somebody with a working Tascam 246 when I wanted to digitize an ‘80s demo cassette.

23 minutes ago, Rich_S said:

I bought my Washburn acoustic at West Chester Music in 1990.  Not surprising, since lived there from 85-95.

Check in at the Home Recording Forum.  That’s where I found somebody with a working Tascam 246 when I wanted to digitize an ‘80s demo cassette.

Cool!

That's still my neck of the woods- grew up in WC  and after college and a 3 year excursion to Seattle, returned to the region to settle down. WC Music is still there, however, it's gone thru a few owners since then. Al Bien is back as owner and is as spacey and flaky as ever. ;) Bought a LOT of gear from there over the years including my used '76 Strat which I still have!

Good call on: Home Recording.com. I have been on there since 2019 trying to find someone and, lo and behold, I found a guy but he's in Queensland Aus. Hoping to find someone closer so I don't have to sell a kidney to pay for shipping it. :P

Archived