Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Chap. LEDs 💦

I don’t know, I looked, didn’t see it posted so I’m gonna put it up. If it’s been posted already, sorry. Just incase a HaMeR soyboi gets offended that it was posted twice. God forbid. 
no affiliation. 

https://reverb.com/item/38778336-hamer-chaparal-80s?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=38778336

29 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

WTF is a soyboi????

...and what’s the point of the staggered caps in “HaMeR?”

Hehe. I don’t know.  Look it up I guess. The staggered caps is to make fun of the people who get offended by the double posting of an item. 

Too much foaming at the mouth when seeing something is double posted. 

1 hour ago, Crwth145 said:

Ha!  I was just getting ready to PSA Lady Red Light here myself...

Don't worry about double posting -- It's far better rarities like this get posted more than once than not at all.   

I just think it’s funny for people who instead of digging on the item, they bitch about a double post. Like ow my god, the world is coming to an end. Some Hamer fan posted a Hamer for sale on takemymoneyverb more than once. Ow the humanity!  Haha. 

I will tell you this if it’s still up by Monday, ehhhhh, it might not be there Tuesday. At a good price of course. 

SOY BOI- Soy boy is a pejorative term often used in online communities to describe men lacking masculine characteristics. The term bears many similarities and has been compared to the slang terms cuck and low-T, two other terms popularly used as an insult for male femininity by online communities.

I would think so too, was this "common?" Is there a battery somewhere? It's an '87 so this is hardly "new" for Hamer's but it's new to me.

So in this condition, what's this thing worth; $1200 or is the asking price reasonable nowadays? No boomers after all...

I'm guessing this one is 25.5" scale (later '87 with the 5 way flip switch). 

I don't know that I'm serious about it but I'm curious. 

1 hour ago, svl said:

SOY BOI- Soy boy is a pejorative term often used in online communities to describe men lacking masculine characteristics. The term bears many similarities and has been compared to the slang terms cuck and low-T, two other terms popularly used as an insult for male femininity by online communities.

The guy should speak English and not use words made up by toddlers. Perhaps he should troll another board...

Carrying on for three posts about something that never happened and trying to make fun of someone here who doesn't exist. SMH.

18 hours ago, Samuelc12qw said:

I don’t know, I looked, didn’t see it posted so I’m gonna put it up. If it’s been posted already, sorry. Just incase a HaMeR soyboi gets offended that it was posted twice. God forbid. 
no affiliation. 

https://reverb.com/item/38778336-hamer-chaparal-80s?utm_source=rev-ios-app&utm_medium=ios-share&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=38778336

For Samuel:

Any idea what year this Chap is? 

27 minutes ago, specialk said:

For Samuel:

28 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

The guy should speak English and not use words made up by toddlers. Perhaps he should troll another board...

Carrying on for three posts about something that never happened and trying to make fun of someone here who doesn't exist. SMH.

58 minutes ago, specialk said:

For Samuel:

Come on guy. First number serial. What it do? 

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

English me speak. Guy you be I must about talk. 

Let it go little buddy, it’s a post about a red guitar with LEDs. Just because I haven’t posted on here 55000 times doesn’t mean I don’t love my Hamers

live well sir. 

Wow. I feel like that guy that was invited over to a party, you show up and the hosts are yelling at each other for all to hear, not caring who hears and fighting it out! And you're like, ya, I'll just see myself out thanks...  😉

SO, can we get back to the guitar? 

49 minutes ago, Drew816 said:

Wow. I feel like that guy that was invited over to a party, you show up and the hosts are yelling at each other for all to hear, not caring who hears and fighting it out! And you're like, ya, I'll just see myself out thanks...  😉

SO, can we get back to the guitar? 

That top tuner, I’m not an expert but would that be something easy to fix? I worry about that a little. 

3 hours ago, Joe G said:

Don't see these often.  I never had a set neck Chap, don't mind red, but to me, the tuner and the neck ding are a deal killer at $1,500 + ship + tax.

image.png

to me

Agreed. That's a pretty deep looking gouge there. Not structural and yet repairable sure, but still something to give a buyer pause. 

The tuner will just pop back in place.  That’s not really a problem.

I can't find the old list of Hamer guitar models anymore, so I can't remind myself:

The Chaparral had 24.5" version and 25.5" version.  I *think* the 24.5" usually had set neck, and the 25.5" was usually a bolt-on. Correct?  Isn't the mini-toggle vs 5-way switch also associated with 24.5" vs 25.5"?

So this one is a 24.5" scale, right?

Archived