Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Chap. LEDs šŸ’¦

5 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I can't find the old list of Hamer guitar models anymore, so I can't remind myself:

The Chaparral had 24.5" version and 25.5" version.Ā  I *think* the 24.5" usually had set neck, and the 25.5" was usually a bolt-on. Correct?Ā  Isn't the mini-toggle vs 5-way switch also associated with 24.5" vs 25.5"?

Ā 

So this one is a 24.5" scale, right?

The mini toggle version was short scale

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

The mini toggle version was short scale

That's what I thought...but this one is set neck with a 5-way.Ā  So now I'm not sure what scale it is.Ā  Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

That's what I thought...but this one is set neck with a 5-way.Ā  So now I'm not sure what scale it is.Ā  Anyone know?

My Chap that I sold (pictured) was 25&1/2", I'm betting this one is the same.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 10.26.26 AM.jpg

Then maybe I got it backwards. Maybe it's the bolt-on that's 25.5".

Ā 

Although, being Hamer, there's probably plenty of examples of 24.5" and 25.5" in all sorts of configurations.Ā  I just thought there were some broad assumptions you can make about the 24.5" vs the 25.5", if the purchaser didn't order any changes.

17 hours ago, cmatthes said:

The tuner will just pop back in place. Ā Thatā€™s not really a problem.

Sure it'll just pop back into place.

All you have to do is.....

Ā 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:45 PM, Samuelc12qw said:

That top tuner, Iā€™m not an expert but would that be something easy to fix? I worry about that a little.Ā 

Ā 

On 2/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, cmatthes said:

The tuner will just pop back in place. Ā Thatā€™s not really a problem.

Ā 

6 hours ago, HSB0531 said:

Sure it'll just pop back into place.

All you have to do is.....

Ā 

Ā 

Does anyone here haveĀ a 10mm wrench, a small phillips screwdriver, and maybe even a small sliver of toothpick I can borrow?

Asking on behalf ofĀ a 'friend'...Ā  Ā šŸ˜Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

The shorter scale Chaps were 24.75", not 24.5".

29 minutes ago, Crwth145 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Does anyone here haveĀ a 10mm wrench, a small phillips screwdriver, and maybe even a small sliver of toothpick I can borrow?

Asking on behalf ofĀ a 'friend'...Ā  Ā šŸ˜Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 

Ay bro it is a legitimate question. Seems to me that the tuner banged something hard, which is why itā€™s bent inward. The guy has tightened the screw which looks stripped. So,Ā maybe the hole has an issue going on with it. Kind of like yours. Meh.Ā 

1 hour ago, Samuelc12qw said:

Ay bro it is a legitimate question. Seems to me that the tuner banged something hard, which is why itā€™s bent inward. The guy has tightened the screw which looks stripped. So,Ā maybe the hole has an issue going on with it. Kind of like yours. Meh.Ā 

Gee, please pardon my sarcasm.. you've expected us to pardon yours!

I'veĀ tried re-assuringĀ you this is no big deal to the point of listingĀ tools & materials.

The tuner hasn't "bent", it has ROTATED.Ā Ā If the hole has stripped, then use someĀ toothpick.

If you're still worried, ask the seller for a close-up pic of the tuner area to verify there are no cracks.

Ā 

6 hours ago, Crwth145 said:

Gee, please pardon my sarcasm.. you've expected us to pardon yours!

I'veĀ tried re-assuringĀ you this is no big deal to the point of listingĀ tools & materials.

The tuner hasn't "bent", it has ROTATED.Ā Ā If the hole has stripped, then use someĀ toothpick.

If you're still worried, ask the seller for a close-up pic of the tuner area to verify there are no cracks.

Ā 

Definitely rotated inward.

It could be either the hole widened in an arc,Ā (I doubt it though), or the screw stripped out the wood and someone decided to turn the tuner until he got to a spot to start a new screw hole.Ā 

Yes to tooth picks and/or sawdust and carpentersĀ glue mixture in the hole, then re-drill.

Those screws are Pozi-Driv, not regular Philips.

1 hour ago, HSB0531 said:

Definitely rotated inward.

It could be either the hole widened in an arc,Ā (I doubt it though), or the screw stripped out the wood and someone decided to turn the tuner until he got to a spot to start a new screw hole.Ā 

Yes to tooth picks and/or sawdust and carpentersĀ glue mixture in the hole, then re-drill.

Those screws are Pozi-Driv, not regular Philips.

Dude thanks for the info.Ā 

4 hours ago, Samuelc12qw said:

Dude thanks for the info.Ā 

I didn't mention gluing/re-drilling because I didn't want to scare you off the guitar. Still an easy fix, but requires some care.

If you do buy itĀ and the hole is strippedĀ enough to need glue, PLEASE allow the glue to cureĀ beforeĀ tightening the screw down.

RemovingĀ those small screws once glued in place canĀ resultĀ in a stripped head andĀ having to sourceĀ the correct new screw = PITA!

2 hours ago, Crwth145 said:

I didn't mention gluing/re-drilling because I didn't want to scare you off the guitar. Still an easy fix, but requires some care.

If you do buy itĀ and the hole is strippedĀ enough to need glue, PLEASE allow the glue to cureĀ beforeĀ tightening the screw down.

RemovingĀ those small screws once glued in place canĀ resultĀ in a stripped head andĀ having to sourceĀ the correct new screw = PITA!

Thank you man. If I do get it I would without a doubt not do any repairs myself.Ā 

Archived