Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Carvin/Kiesel CT624 Carved top, chambered body PRS SOLD

I'm letting go of an excellent example of Carvin/Kiesel's recent craftsmanship.  Upgraded the trem to a Gotoh 510TS-BS, chromed brass saddles, a great bridge.  Chambered body, a excellent mahogany body and neck.  The top is nicely 3D in person.  The top also has more of a hint of teal in person in the center.  I'm asking SOLD on Reverb, plus actual shipping (continental US) PP/F&F, or other payment arrangements we might make.

https://reverb.com/item/38836806-carvin-ct624-2014-deep-blue-flame-ct-624-kiesel-gotoh-510ts-bs

IMG_2377.jpg

I got one new around '04-05. Joe Walsh was playing one during the same era. That was my motivation. I'd never bought a Carvin new, had a couple used ones in the '80s and thought... meh. He loved his and actually was in a Carvin promotional video back then talking about how great they are. So I took the plunge. I bought a blue quilt CT6 (22 fret version) that was featured on a cover and centerfold of one of the Carvin catalogs back then.  It was a very nice playing guitar, sounded good. pickups were nice too, but it wasn't for me. 

You've a nice guitar for sale! Someone will be happy!

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

I got one new around '04-05. Joe Walsh was playing one during the same era. That was my motivation. I'd never bought a Carvin new, had a couple used ones in the '80s and thought... meh. He loved his and actually was in a Carvin promotional video back then talking about how great they are. So I took the plunge. I bought a blue quilt CT6 (22 fret version) that was featured on a cover and centerfold of one of the Carvin catalogs back then.  It was a very nice playing guitar, sounded good. pickups were nice too, but it wasn't for me. 

I watched that same video and researched those guitars hard. And I’m pretty sure I saw the cover shot you’re taking about. Just never pulled the trigger myself...

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

I also remember that ad, I love Joe and his playing.  Later I had the same reaction you did to the 80's guitars.  But I really wanted a Koa V220 in about 1985.  I'm still keeping a couple of Carvins, a AE185 and an ST300 with a piezo floyd on it.  This one is great, but I have to reduce the number of HH guitars with a vibrato in my collection at this point. 

• Eli changed the title to FS Carvin/Kiesel CT624 Carved top, chambered body PRS SOLD

Archived