Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: "This is the one you want"?!

No affiliation.   Buyer says, "This is the one you want."  I can honestly say, "This is not the one I want."

What could have caused this damage?  A tooth, maybe?  Please share your theory.

https://reverb.com/item/38836844-hamer-usa-special-90-s-vintage-white

xyarn7tvqn9b0uovrbtd.jpg

Lead guitarist with a Jackson or a Kramer.   😜

There was an interview I read a long time ago with Phil Collen where he talked about this very thing.  When they played in the round in the Hysteria tour, they were constantly colliding headstocks as they were tearing around the multilevel stage.   Add booze and a shit ton of coke and voila.   ❄️

“I saw the post on the Hamer Fan Club blaspheming this guitar. You’re a cute bunch of fellows. Thanks for the exposure.”

Aww...  he thinks we’re cute. 🥰

I love how it has apparently turned to that buttercream color.  That ding wouldn’t bother me on a guitar that old.

How did it happen? Cymbal is my guess.

3 hours ago, ebradfordrich said:

Lead guitarist with a Jackson or a Kramer.   😜

There was an interview I read a long time ago with Phil Collen where he talked about this very thing.  When they played in the round in the Hysteria tour, they were constantly colliding headstocks as they were tearing around the multilevel stage.   Add booze and a shit ton of coke and voila.   ❄️

I actually worked on the video crew for the "In The Round In Your Face" video shoot in Denver (which included the videos for "Pour Some Sugar On Me", Armaggedon It", etc.) and I was up on the stage during the day with Rick Allen and he pointed underneath the stage and asked if I knew what went on under there, when I shrugged and asked he replied "it's like Caligula under there!" 😅  They were all great guys and it was an incredible experience for a young buck like myself.  Phil showed me his entire Jackson tour collection up close and personal too as I was enamored with Jacksons at the time...  Those were the days!

I like it. The color is a nice match to my Les Paul. It looks like it's in good shape aside from the headstock ding. A little fret polish and you're good to go.

9 hours ago, Travis said:

“I saw the post on the Hamer Fan Club blaspheming this guitar. You’re a cute bunch of fellows. Thanks for the exposure.”

Aww...  he thinks we’re cute. 🥰

They say that no publicity is bad publicity!  Anyway, using the word "blaspheming" here, in my opinion, is like trying to kill a fly with a nuclear bomb.

Blaspheming sounds like a preacher. Be careful with this one.

He called y'all cute. Hell, I didn't even start on this yet and we already have cute. My calling card says "Cute and fun to be with" on one side and "Young, gifted and Irish" on the other side. Decisions, decisions...............

1 hour ago, HamerCustomEr said:

They say that no publicity is bad publicity!  Anyway, using the word "blaspheming" here, in my opinion, is like trying to kill a fly with a nuclear bomb.

It does seem a bit offside.  We'll try to be more ecumenical in the future?

82357288.jpg

I'm going to go with 28 years of Rawk & Roll.

And the only thing I see wrong with it is the bridge, which may be an improvement sonically but not to my taste visually. And easily fixed. 

Price is down and if I was a bit closer I might give it a run.

On 2/14/2021 at 2:24 AM, HamerCustomEr said:

No affiliation.   Buyer says, "This is the one you want."  I can honestly say, "This is not the one I want."

What could have caused this damage?  A tooth, maybe?  Please share your theory.

https://reverb.com/item/38836844-hamer-usa-special-90-s-vintage-white

xyarn7tvqn9b0uovrbtd.jpg

Well the rest of it looks great.

I'm going to guess that someone was pissed at their drummer and tried to bash the drum kit, only to land on some metal hardware.

To this day, the G-string tuner on my '73 P-bass is slightly bent from me trying to bash in my drummers kick drum head.

He deserved it, the smartass little f-head!

I would say, basement show, or basement practicing, hitting a duct or something in an unfinished ceiling.

Those cream pickups are just NOT doing it through. Those can't be stock.

Archived