Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Eminence and Tone Tubby Speakers SOLD

Eminence Texas Heat: Big, full, round American tone with a touch of British Edge. Will it do metal? Well Dimebag used them, but it will also do really impressive cleans. Sounds great in a closed or open back, but I did prefer it in an open back, it will fill the room. It also makes a small amp sound bigger, a fizzy amp sound smoother. 16ohms sold Shipping and Paypal Included. 

r2wdCzN.jpg

Eminence CV-65: A variant of the Celestion 1265 (See my review in the Main Forum), this has been my goto speaker for some 4 years. It sounds great, but its an extra and just sitting in a box. I pulled it from the listing but the buyer backed out. $75 sold

zq879HA.jpg

Tone Tubby San Rafael: Used but not abused San Rafael 25 Watter. Greenback Style Speaker that will take a licking and keep on ticking. I'm on a greenback kick at the moment an I have bought a few different brands trying to match up a 90's Greenback that I have. I want to sell this one so I can buy yet another speaker that I want to try. $100 Shipping and Paypal Included. 

wanOHY7.jpgfRTFrjY.jpg

All speakers will be double boxed and shipped as safely as I can do it. 

The Texas Heat is an awesome speaker that is killer in a combo or ext cab. I actually used one to great effect in an ext cab with a tweed Champ...yup, a 4 watt amp pushing 2 speakers...so the Heat at 150 watts got 2 watts from my Champ and sounded glorious.

I also used it with Supro and Traynor circuits and it KILLED in a brown Deluxe clone. An outstanding speaker.

TEXAS HEATS!!! They are great speakers. Just a bit of snarl, nice smooth top end, and good for both open and closed back. I also have two in an open back 2x12 that is pretty much my GO TO open back.

The CV65 is a speaker along the lines of the Celestion Creamback.  The 65 watt CV (Ceramic Vintage) is sometimes hard to find, so definitely if you want to try one out, this is a great chance! Awesome vintage sounding speaker.

3 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

TEXAS HEATS!!! They are great speakers. Just a bit of snarl, nice smooth top end, and good for both open and closed back. I also have two in an open back 2x12 that is pretty much my GO TO open back.

The CV65 is a speaker along the lines of the Celestion Creamback.  The 65 watt CV (Ceramic Vintage) is sometimes hard to find, so definitely if you want to try one out, this is a great chance! Awesome vintage sounding speaker.

It’s different in the midrange than the Creamback, more open sounding. 

13 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

It’s different in the midrange than the Creamback, more open sounding. 

Cool! Eminence makes some great speakers. Right now all the Metalheads are going nuts over the Mick Thompson DV-77 speaker. Eminence also made the Carvin BR12 speakers for years, which are some of my favorite speakers for rock n roll.

Correct, nothing wrong with Eminence Speakers. Your choice of which Eminence to purchase maybe the problem more than the speaker themselves. All my cabinets are filled with the combinations that I like to used, its pretty much 50/50 between Celestion and Eminence, and a lonely Tone Tubby 40/40. 

• bubs_42 changed the title to FS: Eminence and Tone Tubby Speakers
On 2/15/2021 at 12:58 PM, bubs_42 said:

I have no idea how I ended up with a 3 of these...

Drunk shopping during Covid? Happens to me all the time!

During this time with no gigging, I've experimented with different amps driving various speakers. I was amazed at how I love a speaker with an amp, then it sounds totally different with another amp. Not better or worse, just not what I expected.

Speaker swapping can be very rewarding when you get the right combination. 

A lot of speaker companies are experiencing shortages of materials at the moment. The Tone Tubby is no available at the moment form Tone Tubby and limited numbers of them on Reverb. I wouldn't doubt that they may not be available from Reverb either if they are an authorized dealer. My TT's were bought on Reverb, but shipped directly from TT.  So if anyone wants this one, get it here, get it now. I'm out of space. ;) 

@Menehuneit had been  while since I plugged it in. This morning I was jamming on the 65 Speaker which was my speaker of choice for the OJR. The OJR amp was one of two amps that I gigged with the longest. The ONLY reason I sold that amp was the band was really loud and I wasn't able to keep up, which in hindsight was completely ridiculous. LOL

OJR with a Creamback sounded pretty damn good, but the 1265 opened it up and let that amp really breathe. I played it with the Bass OFF, the Treble around 1o'clock the MV around 2o'clock or so and the volume around 10o'clock if memory has served me correct. I also used the boost as a Bass Cut. If I was on stage and had a Tele in my hand the boost was on to bring in the lows, and if I was playing hum buckers or P90s the boost was off to take out the lows. That amp was pretty darn killer, I stacked two Saucy Boxes in front of it for just a touch of push (One Standard and one HC Saucy Box), both on for more higher gain stuff. 

So Creamback is going to give you little more perceived gain and compression, the 65 is going to be less gain, more open, and a top end that is a little rounder and tighter. The Texas Heat, is like the 65, but less midrange, even bigger lows and more sparkle on the top end. Definitely more American Sounding than both the Cream and the 65.  I just plugged my Dr Z Z28 (6v6's) into and I was very surprised at the results. This past couple of days of swapping these speakers in and out of the same cab and comparing them side by side in identical cabs has yielded some really good results. Youtube Video's just don't allow you to hear and feel the differences. 

CV-65 is back on the block, see my review of the 65 and the Creamback on the main forum. You can read above what I have to say about the Texas Heat. All three of the speakers I have FS are different flavors and all sound great. At this point I either have multiples or they are just not in rotation at this time. 

Trades, I don't know at this point there is not much I haven't tried that I want to try out. The Celestion V Type interests me, as well as the older Celestion Vintage Neo. 

Please hit me up with any questions you may have about these three speakers or trade offers. 

• 1 month later...
  • bubs_42 changed the title to FS: Eminence and Tone Tubby Speakers SOLD

Archived