Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars Building a Legend DVD

veatch

I've been ogling Hamer guitars for a few  years now and actually bought my first one two years ago, then two months later got a second. Last year I bought two more, maybe this year I'll get another.  I don't think Fender realized what they lost, quality over quantity is what makes for a great guitar. Don't know how true this is but, I've read somewhere that Steve Stevens smashed a Hamer at a gig and came to the Hamer factory to get another and Jol kicked him out for doin' it. After watchin' how the guys put in their time and  skill and maybe their very soul into just one  model  makes me appreciate the guitars even more !

11 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

At 1:59, Jol says, "I'm Jol Dantzig, and I started Hamer Guitars in 1973."  No mention of Paul Hamer?!

...yet some of you wonder aloud why I say Jol's a fucking tool.

He who tells the story to the masses, controls the narrative and thus, history.

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I have said more than once in conversation (not here) that “history is written by the winners”.... 

28 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Well, I used to have a teacher who told us, "The masses are asses."
Jol can gaslight everyone *cough* I mean "control the narrative" until the end of time, but we all know he's full of shit.

23 minutes ago, Travis said:

I have said more than once in conversation (not here) that “history is written by the winners”.... 

Wait YOU wrote that!?  I always wondered!

53 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Well, I used to have a teacher who told us, "The masses are asses."
Jol can gaslight everyone *cough* I mean "control the narrative" until the end of time, but we all know he's full of shit.

Wait YOU wrote that!?  I always wondered!

I don’t claim that I “wrote” it but I definitely say it semi-frequently. 

I have also been known to bust out a “the masses are asses” declaration from time to time. Don’t think I had the same teacher, tho....

Archived