Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Scepter Vee

Unfortunately, there just aren’t many of those out there.   I can probably count on my fingers the ones I’ve seen appear for sale since 1998.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I can probably count on my fingers the ones I’ve seen appear for sale since 1998.

Agreed, for years there was nothing then it seems like a few years ago "within a couple of months" there was a odd run of 2 or 3 for sale, since then, absolutely nothing

2 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Love it... your Scepter would match my Vee perfectly! 🤘MfqmDwQ.jpg

How is the tone of the vee compared to the scepter? Is the scepter a one off (bridge and inlays never seen on a scepter before)? 

52 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

How is the tone of the vee compared to the scepter? Is the scepter a one off (bridge and inlays never seen on a scepter before)? 

The sound is completely different as the Scepter is "as noted" a sustain block bridge and 24 3/4 scale... That being said, the sound  is one of best guitars I have ever owned or played... & the V is 25.5 scale with a Floyd so it's completely different

• 2 weeks later...

I have one, but sorry, not for sale.  Ebony board, no boomerangs, 24 frets, V headstock, stop tailpiece. 

Screenshot_20210225-184830_Facebook.jpg

On 2/27/2021 at 8:32 AM, soli'd said:

I want it, I want it, I want it

You caaaaan't have it!

Lol! If I wanted to sell it, I wouldn't know where to begin. I bought it 35 years ago and have no clue as to what it may be worth. I've been out of the loop for so long.  Btw, if that's your black standard, it's beautiful! 

On 3/2/2021 at 4:52 PM, wgarces said:

Lol! If I wanted to sell it, I wouldn't know where to begin. I bought it 35 years ago and have no clue as to what it may be worth. I've been out of the loop for so long.  Btw, if that's your black standard, it's beautiful! 

Didn't mean to single your post out, was just the theme of a thread I was reading while listening to the Who. 😉

Re: the standard, thanks! It's actually a Shishkov (#33) and it's oxblood on top but looks black in most pics.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, wgarces said:

I have one, but sorry, not for sale.  Ebony board, no boomerangs, 24 frets, V headstock, stop tailpiece. 

Screenshot_20210225-184830_Facebook.jpg

Did that belong to Mr. Watson at one time?  I know he had at least one Scepter V in white, I seen some photos of him with just a white Vector with binding as well. Most of his Mid 80's Hamers Had the PJ Marx pickups though 

On 3/4/2021 at 3:31 AM, bruce919 said:

Did that belong to Mr. Watson at one time?  I know he had at least one Scepter V in white, I seen some photos of him with just a white Vector with binding as well. Most of his Mid 80's Hamers Had the PJ Marx pickups though 

Jeff's was similar to mine but he had more of a Jackson type arch in the guitar. I tried to buy it from him many years ago. Didn't want to sell!

Archived