Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recordings - Hamer or Not

LucSulla

@diablo175's thread got me going back through some old recording I did of my band in Austin.  I'm not sure what I ever posted of us here, and I didn't use any of this for the Hamer best of because they predate my having any Hamers.  I thought I'd post a couple.  I'm also sitting around catching up on work, so if any of y'all have anything, I'd love to listen. 

Also one of the few times doing a solo off the top of my head actually seemed to work out.  The main solo was the first pass on a tele.  I like harmony parts, so I threw that on with a Les Paul right after.  

Sorry about the hideous thumbnail. 

I'll give LucSulla's music a listen after I wrap up this f-ing staff meeting on Zoom. 🙄

In the meantime, here's a few from my past-  in chronological order:  The first one, Galloping Jam 91 is a boom box-in- the-corner-of-the-room recording of a live, improv jam with a power trio I formed in '91.  Welcome to the Zombie Nation '93  was with perhaps the most successful original band I created, for which I did 95% of the writing. Crush was perhaps my most ambitious solo effort. All done on a 12 track digital Rolands VS  DAW. The conspicuous absence of an actual drummer and bassist, along with an appalling lack of decent guitar tone and audio engineering skills renders this almost unlisten-able but it is some of my most daring-do on the guitar.

COVID Quarantine Collaboration #3:  I don't own a Dean and hadn't yet purchased/modded the Junky Junior, so the rhythm guitars are my Gravelinized Sunburst.  The chorusy bits and solo are my trusty Telecaster.

4 hours ago, LucSulla said:

@diablo175's thread got me going back through some old recording I did of my band in Austin.  I'm not sure what I ever posted of us here, and I didn't use any of this for the Hamer best of because they predate my having any Hamers.  I thought I'd post a couple.  I'm also sitting around catching up on work, so if any of y'all have anything, I'd love to listen. 

Failure of Mind was cool! Love the crunchy, wicked fast lick the main riff.  Moreso some of the blistering fast pieces in this! The singer's got a good voice, too!

Death Spiral had a nice groovin' bass line to start it out! Noticed an absence of a lead in this one.

Lida's Song has some really brilliant moments- again the singer's choice of melodies over the main riff were great! The Tele solo was very subtle but you really stepped out on the second solo. Nice mixture of twang and bark.  I'd love to hear this fully polished and produced.

Thanks for sharing!

• 3 months later...
On 2/18/2021 at 3:50 PM, LucSulla said:

Also one of the few times doing a solo off the top of my head actually seemed to work out.  The main solo was the first pass on a tele.  I like harmony parts, so I threw that on with a Les Paul right after.  

Sorry about the hideous thumbnail. 

Hideous thumbnail? That's not a Heritage. 

@LucSullaif you have the individual parts to Lida’s song, or the others, send them to me and I’ll mix and master them for free.

If you have the master mix, send to me for free mastering.

If you want.

18 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

@LucSullaif you have the individual parts to Lida’s song, or the others, send them to me and I’ll mix and master them for free.

If you have the master mix, send to me for free mastering.

If you want.

I might have them somewhere.  Some stuff made it to the no computer, but some files got corrupted over the years. 

I went through a cover phase some years ago.  It was a fun way to improve my playing and my mixing and recording.

Two songs are probably my best.

I could have lied: Red hots.

And bye bye love by the cars.

http://kirkpitts.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/byebye-love-cars-with-keys-7_19_17-8.49-AM.m4a

On 6/9/2021 at 4:54 PM, LucSulla said:

Video from about two years ago I found while trying to do some promotional content.  Really nailing that Peter Green tone on this one. 

1) Awesome to see one of the Miller guitars actually getting gig use.

2) Very nice tapping.

3) Love the ending!

Finally getting this ready for release (you heard the demo years ago). I'm zeroing in on the mix. Features my 81/2 P Bass - and my Hamer Cali -- Guitar on the right is Neck Pickup, and the guitar on the left is the bridge humbucker. Got rid of the original video game samples to avoid any copyright claims and replaced them with guitar emulations - I had a friend help me with those. Lead breaks are the Hamer bridge pickup as well. This song is one I actually have hope for in terms of some wider distribution or attention. Enjoy.

20 hours ago, Dasein said:

Finally getting this ready for release (you heard the demo years ago). I'm zeroing in on the mix. Features my 81/2 P Bass - and my Hamer Cali -- Guitar on the right is Neck Pickup, and the guitar on the left is the bridge humbucker. Got rid of the original video game samples to avoid any copyright claims and replaced them with guitar emulations - I had a friend help me with those. Lead breaks are the Hamer bridge pickup as well. This song is one I actually have hope for in terms of some wider distribution or attention. Enjoy.

This brought a smile to my face. Very nice, and those little runs were awesome.

8 hours ago, burningyen said:

This brought a smile to my face. Very nice, and those little runs were awesome.

Thanks so much - still mixing this and playing around with levels etc - I go from loving it and thinking it will change the world to despair and shame thinking I’m a hack in the same listening session… lol. Good times! It’s great to get feedback so thank you so much again.

Archived