Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Sweet - Live At The Rainbow UK 1973

gorch

Friday evening, a Schwarzbeer, Crips and Live at the Rainbow through Qobuz. That's my evening layout today. I know the concert in part since teenage-hood from the Strung up LP. They published the full concert a few years back. In a review somewhere I read it's one of the best rock concerts ever recorded. Whether or not, the concert belongs on the level with Cheap Tricks Live At Budokan IMO. Very organic, full power and honest. The recording on Qobuz has a surprisingly great quality. I've got the impression that the old vinyl seems to have quite a fan base considering prices I saw being called for the better quality examples. They still seem to have quite an active following today.

I found Hell Raiser in the official Sweet channel.

1 hour ago, gorch said:

Friday evening, a Schwarzbeer, Crips and Live at the Rainbow through Qobuz. That's my evening layout today. I know the concert in part since teenage-hood from the Strung up LP. They published the full concert a few years back. In a review somewhere I read it's one of the best rock concerts ever recorded. Whether or not, the concert belongs on the level with Cheap Tricks Live At Budokan IMO. Very organic, full power and honest. The recording on Qobuz has a surprisingly great quality. I've got the impression that the old vinyl seems to have quite a fan base considering prices I saw being called for the better quality examples. They still seem to have quite an active following today.

I found Hell Raiser in the official Sweet channel.

Video unavailable....

Later that evening I changed to Jon Lord”s classical compositions. Windows weren’t on the turntable for decades I think. The other day, I bought Sarabande and Gemini Suite vinyl originals. 

My new used Sonics Allegra speakers and the refurbished Dual CS626 player create a great listening experience.

Archived