Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1990 Centura USA Metallic Red, reverse headstock, OHSC

• Ham Rex changed the title to PSA: 1990 Centura USA Metallic Red, reverse headstock, OHSC

Snagged it outside of the bay and reverb. 

Been lurking looking for an uber clean Centaura at a fair price. We shall see how nice it is soon. NGD post coming next week.  (LOL thanks toadroller for the acronym tip) 

Nice! I have it's identical twin. It's my only guitar now( just for noodling) being that I play bass. I can say it plays better than or as good as any guitar I have ever owned. I've had several different USA Hamers, PRS, etc. Plus, I dig the side markers.

Good to know and happy to hear Ralph! I have a USA Diablo and it plays very smoothly. I have two slammer series centauras and this will be my first USA! 

Not a full NGD, but her are some prelim pics...  just received it today. Its in stellar shape for 31 years old. Some checking, hard to capture by photo. 

PS- my korean slammer is not as nice overall, but honestly, the slammer series after mods, are pretty legit..... Just sayin.... 

Trevor 

20210225_141428.jpg

20210225_141405.jpg

20210225_141417.jpg

20210225_141714.jpg

On 2/22/2021 at 1:19 AM, Cuda75 said:

Snagged it outside of the bay and reverb. 

Been lurking looking for an uber clean Centaura at a fair price. We shall see how nice it is soon. NGD post coming next week.  (LOL thanks toadroller for the acronym tip) 

Maybe you could enlighten me on how you made that happen. Pls message me if you care to share. I could use a cool technique like that.

What does NGD mean?

Thx

10 hours ago, killerteddybear said:

New Guitar Day

For extra credit, decode NBD and NAD.

New Bass day and new amp day! 

1 hour ago, Cuda75 said:

New Bass day and new amp day! 

...so...*not* "New Bitch Day" and "New Asshole Day", then?

Hmmmm

23 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

...so...*not* "New Bitch Day" and "New Asshole Day", then?

Hmmmm

Easy there! Lol Hope it doesn't mean that, or Im on the wrong forum! 

2 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

Haven't you ever torn someone a new one?  I'd think that would count

Your a real riot , Alice, a real riot! 

Update.

Spent a solid week playing this guitar. It really, truly plays so smooth. I thought the neck was a tad big at first, but it's real comfortable, and surprisingly fast! I love the ability to do vintage sounds, and then go right into harder rock. It's very versatile instrument. 

The surprise is the natural resonance the guitar has acoustically . I'll say the same for my USA diablos as well. Very resonant guitars. I understand the quality of the wood(s) and luthiership in these USA models. This Centaura is a keeper for sure !

My modded 94' Korean Centaura doesn't  have that natural quality/ resonance that you can feel in your hands. Not a bad guitar, but not in the same league even with all the mods. I spoke too soon above...

Anyhoo, I'm still looking for a clean maple fretboard variation with minimal to no paint checking like this one. Ocd is a bitch and patience is a virtue... 😊

Archived