Hamer Fan Club Message Center

More 1980 Police Hamer sightings

Andy’s prescience in putting a Fender strap on that Sunburst is remarkable.

That is my favorite time period for the Police, between the 2nd and 3rd albums, when their “thing” was really coming together.  They had a really great (and at the time, wholly new) sound. Glad to see the Sunburst getting so much play time, I’ve always though it was purely a “studio and photo ops” guitar.  I notice the Dakota Red Strat sitting in the background, not getting played.  That must have been right after he bought it.

Thanks for posting these, I can’t believe I’ve never seen the Rock Concert footage before.  Impressive they gave them over a half-hour to play.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rich_S said:

Andy’s prescience in putting a Fender strap on that Sunburst is remarkable.

Seems to me that every other British guitar player in that era wore one of those butt ugly straps regardless of what brand guitar they were slinging. I took it as a fad of the day. Anything purely American was considered cool. 

10 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Stewart Copeland is doing a show of Police music with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra later this year. 

Hey, if he's not playing the theme to The Equalizer, I'm not interested. 

• Haha 1
On 2/23/2021 at 8:18 AM, burningyen said:

In that clip of Walking on the Moon, Stin(g)k isn't even pretending to playing the bass!  And although Stewart Copeland is playing with his hands, he is standing behind the kit instead of using his feet.  Not to mention the fact that they are not even really on the Moon.  (Just kidding on that last one.)

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Stewart Copeland is doing a show of Police music with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra later this year. 

15 hours ago, scottcald said:

Hey, if he's not playing the theme to The Equalizer, I'm not interested. 

Well, I'm more of a Law and Order fan myself, but there's only so much even a great drummer like Copeland can do with this:

• Haha 1