WTB: Hamer Newport

47 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Look at this beautiful Newport Pro:

https://reverb.com/item/37762754-hamer-usa-newport-pro-2004

but it is in Barcelona.

Here is a nice Newport in Connecticut:

https://reverb.com/item/39028282-hamer-usa-newport-korina-jazz-burst

They’re both sweet.

Don’t like the Fender knobs on guitar #1.

Guitar #2 looks great (tortoise shell binding!) but I don’t believe the roller bridge is stock and I wonder why there aren’t any photos of the peghead and serial number.

Roller bridge is not stock on the 2004 Jazzburst one.

57 minutes ago, 0054 said:

I prefer the headstock on that black cherry one...  😬

22 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Do the words "dumpster-dive body" not tell you all you need to know?

Just pointing it out for those who may not have noticed. Plus, perhaps there is some insight to how the hawg is damaged while the top looks great 

6 minutes ago, brddg said:

Just pointing it out for those who may not have noticed. Plus, perhaps there is some insight to how the hawg is damaged while the top looks great 

I wouldn't worry about that.  It's doubtful that anyone on this forum will be buying it.

16 hours ago, topekatj said:

They’re both sweet.

Don’t like the Fender knobs on guitar #1.

Guitar #2 looks great (tortoise shell binding!) but I don’t believe the roller bridge is stock and I wonder why there aren’t any photos of the peghead and serial number.

A couple of questions RE: guitar  #2 (Jazzburst):

a) Does the Jazzburst finish ‘rim’ typically look as red in person as the photos indicate? I would hope it’s a bit exaggerated in the photos and more subdued in person.

b) Any idea on the mfr. of the roller bridge?

15 hours ago, cmatthes said:

40 minutes ago, topekatj said:

A couple of questions RE: guitar  #2 (Jazzburst):

a) Does the Jazzburst finish ‘rim’ typically look as red in person as the photos indicate? I would hope it’s a bit exaggerated in the photos and more subdued in person.

b) Any idea on the mfr. of the roller bridge?

Looks like the Schaller Roller Bridge. I have one on my Newport.

53 minutes ago, topekatj said:

There is a lot more red in that than typically on a jazz burst. This pic below is a good representation of jazz burst. The guitar in ad #2 doesn't look like a jazzburst to me, almost a 59 burst sorta, but not exactly.

image.png

17 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

There is a lot more red in that than typically on a jazz burst. This pic below is a good representation of jazz burst. The guitar in ad #2 doesn't look like a jazzburst to me, almost a 59 burst sorta, but not exactly.

image.png

Maybe the korina pops with a little more red Vs. the spruce and mahogany?

What’s the general consensus on a korina Newport Vs. spruce/hog Vs. maple and mahogany? Line ‘em up!

5 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Maybe the korina pops with a little more red Vs. the spruce and mahogany?

What’s the general consensus on a korina Newport Vs. spruce/hog Vs. maple and mahogany? Line ‘em up!

Here’s a pic of my old artist korina in jazzburst for color comparison. 

A8B66678-BA2A-4D06-9187-27B2610C9620.jpeg

6 hours ago, topekatj said:

Well, the spruce Newport I know has a very nice acoustic voice. I imagine a maple has higher predominant resonance frequencies. Can't speak to the korina.

18 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Indeed, and if you need a roller bridge on a newport, you're doing it wrong.

That korina one looks washed out/reddish in the first pic.  The rest of the pics of it look more true to form to me.  The tortoise binding is sweet.  
If I hadn’t just picked up the Newport 90 I’d be considering it. 

1 hour ago, mudshark said:

$1,300 shipped ... not a case queen, but in excellent condition for a 20-year-old guitar. Can shoot some more pics and give some more details if you're interested.

rs 321.jpg

That's a great price, and honestly, they look so great in person that pics can't really capture.

Archived