Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Firebird in Canada

15 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Is it just me, or do Firebirds remind anybody else here of Gumby?

gumby.jpg

Some FBs have a lot of empty real estate behind the bridge which accentuate the curves, so I see how you might get that impression.  Truth be told, Kurt Hendrick fashioned the most Gumbyesque body shape I've seen to date. 

spacer.png

43 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Some FBs have a lot of empty real estate behind the bridge which accentuate the curves, so I see how you might get that impression.  Truth be told, Kurt Hendrick fashioned the most Gumbyesque body shape I've seen to date. 

spacer.png

A band I used to play with in the 80's had one of those Hendrick's in bubble gum pink.  Hard to forget those!  Hideous guitar IMO but they are very collectible today...

2 hours ago, DBraz said:

I just love Hamer FB’s

2 hours ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, but do you $4,600 love it?

Love the body shape and love this particular style with the Strat-style angled jack and that 6 in line head stock but the likelihood of one ever getting $4,600 outta me is less than zilch. Especially since they're short scale and this one has no boomers. :P

2 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

Imagine the ignominy of being sued by BOTH Gibson AND Gumby.

One does not recover from that kind of tort-exposure tag-teaming

9B9F4ACE-EFCA-45A8-BAFB-8D6BF7B7D5DE

3 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

If he'd used the Gibson Moderne headstock, he would have hit the Gumby Guitar Grand Slam.

1983-gibson-moderne-natural-22taGBb.jpg.44672f5d13e34082e99960b7f2d072cb.jpg

To paraphrase Nigel Tufnel: "It's like, how much more Gumby could this be? and the answer is none. None more Gumby."

At least the Moderne had an interesting design solution for creating a straighter string pull than the traditional Les Paul headstock...

Kudos for that...?

33 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

9B9F4ACE-EFCA-45A8-BAFB-8D6BF7B7D5DE

Thank God that Lindert was awarded a patent for that headstock design.  So many players were clamoring for that profile that builders near and far would have been copying it had it not been for intellectual property protections.

Not.

Archived