Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mad Props Department, El Duave and Greg G.

tomteriffic

I am so blessed, really, I am.  Two HFC'ers have made things possible that I never thought I'd see and they really ought to be recognized for their awesomeness.  In no particular order:

Just before Christmas I heard from Greg G.  Years before, when I had some big-time medical expenses staring at me, I sold my Taylor 812, customized at the factory for me, to Greg.  There were others that went away in that purge and I have been very fortunate that some of those have come back, thanks to a couple of very cool HFC'ers.  But this one really pained me, it sounded so sweet, built for me, and all of that stuff.  Anyway, Greg got ahold of me and told me he wanted to give my guitar back to me.  No strings, free fer nothin'. 😲 Although I deeply appreciated the gesture (still do) I didn't think it was right to just take it with nothing in return.  So he's got another nice Taylor waiting for him as I write this.  It took all this time to get 'er done due to the weather and my not really being sure I'd be able to play again.  But it's done and I can't thank Greg enough for his generosity and patience.  It's just as I left it, Greg has been the best possible steward.  And his packing job, well, I can't imagine it being any better. My humble gratitude, Greg.

Meanwhile, over in the DC area, ElDuave was working for the man and had a sales goal to meet. He put up a little notice on the Facetube and, tacked onto it was a link to a Martin dreadnought that ticked all the boxes for me and didn't cost an arm and a leg.  Hmmmm.  I'm all about helping out a brother HFC'er when I can, and a guitar I had on consignment locally had just gone away which helped some.  So the deal was done and everybody was happy.  Until a few days later when, for a very short period of time, Musician's Friend had the same guitar as the SDOD.  For considerably less than I (happily) paid.  For those who might not know, Dave's shop, Music and Art, is part of that MF/GC conglomerate.  I sent Dave a link to that SDOD and my intent was sort of a "well, no good deed goes unpunished" gag thing.  Hell, them's the breaks, this stuff happens all the time.  I wasn't expecting what happened next.  Dave responded that he'd get back to me on Monday (this was Saturday afternoon).  I told him not to shoot himself in the foot if he did anything at all.  When the dust settled, Dave got me a refund check for the difference and he assures me that the ding on his sales totals won't be bad.  He pulled a three-state cross corporate finagle that Radar O'Reilly would have been proud of.  The guitar punches waaay above it's price point.  I've never had a real Martin dreadnought (all solid woods, scalloped braces, etc. etc.) and my Martin picking friends have given me crap about my Taylor for decades.  That settles that.  And Dave went waaay beyond the call in making it happen.  Buy gear from Dave.

That's all.  You mugs are the best.

Agreed!

I've been fortunate to order a number of Hamers new through Elduave, but we've been great friends and bandmates for nearly 20 years now.   I mentioned that I was intrigued by a new PRS Parlor Guitar last summer when they came out, and was getting ready to pull the trigger on one before the holidays.  Dave not only scored me the guitar, but saved me some bucks in the deal as well and I got to hang out for a socially-distanced afternoon of bashing around on that new PRS as well as a few other gems over some really tasty bourbon.

As our favorite brother Gene is fond of saying, "Life is Good!"

756FD2BE-132C-4173-A5DA-9C8AF5F28DA5.jpeg

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Agreed!

I've been fortunate to order a number of Hamers new through Elduave, but we've been great friends and bandmates for nearly 20 years now.   I mentioned that I was intrigued by a new PRS Parlor Guitar last summer when they came out, and was getting ready to pull the trigger on one before the holidays.  Dave not only scored me the guitar, but saved me some bucks in the deal as well and I got to hang out for a socially-distanced afternoon of bashing around on that new PRS as well as a few other gems over some really tasty bourbon.

As our favorite brother Gene is fond of saying, "Life is Good!"

756FD2BE-132C-4173-A5DA-9C8AF5F28DA5.jpeg

Sweet!  There's just something about those small bodied guitars.  This is the one Greg returned to me.  I sense a theme developing here....

Taylor 812 2-21-21.jpg

Archived