Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD: 1994 Archtop Studio (Custom?), nice top, $1550, COLORADO CL

• topekatj changed the title to 1994 Archtop Studio (Custom?), nice top, $1550, COLORADO CL

Ooh that's bastud nice that!!! I recently snagged an 06 Studio in Aztec Gold tho. Someone buy this: it's lush! ♥️

Thanks!!! Yippie!!! Got it. 

It looks nice Crowned Bound and maybe ebony.

I think it was worth the little higher price. 

Thanks for the announcement!

Now the wait for shipping.

45 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

Thanks!!! Yippie!!! Got it. 

It looks nice Crowned Bound and maybe ebony.

I think it was worth the little higher price. 

Thanks for the announcement!

Now the wait for shipping.

Nice!!!  Congrats!

I love the look of the pickup config in this guitar so much, I've ordered a zebra-bobbined SD 59 neck (4 conductor so I can split the coils) for mine (mine has 2-core and is chrome covered). I will stick my Dimarzio Super Distortion (cream bobbins) in the bridge to see if that works: else I'll have to un-pot my 59 bridge and hope it has black bobins...

This is mine...

hs3.jpg

4 hours ago, Victor (Fret Friend) said:

I love the look of the pickup config in this guitar so much, I've ordered a zebra-bobbined SD 59 neck (4 conductor so I can split the coils) for mine (mine has 2-core and is chrome covered). I will stick my Dimarzio Super Distortion (cream bobbins) in the bridge so it will look like the one above...

This is mine...

hs3.jpg

That has an awesome top and cool pickups! I bet it plays and sounds great. I'm hoping the one I ordered plays and sounds great too.

2 hours ago, flattop said:

I had one in that same colour Aztec Gold

Here is my current one reverse zebra at Bridge added

CROP_20210302_233142.jpg

I love the color, the binding and Crowned and Bound neck.  Is that ebony or rosewood? Thanks for sharing.

Hi there thanks for comment

I think it's very dark rosewood, I have another studio custom in red and the fingerboard is much lighter in colour

They both sound noticeably different also

On 3/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, Victor (Fret Friend) said:

I love the look of the pickup config in this guitar so much, I've ordered a zebra-bobbined SD 59 neck (4 conductor so I can split the coils) for mine (mine has 2-core and is chrome covered). I will stick my Dimarzio Super Distortion (cream bobbins) in the bridge to see if that works: else I'll have to un-pot my 59 bridge and hope it has black bobins...

This is mine...

hs3.jpg

That is a sweet guitar! The maple is very deep looking. Awesome!

I hope the one I ordered looks great too!

On 3/2/2021 at 6:34 PM, flattop said:

I had one in that same colour Aztec Gold

Here is my current one reverse zebra at Bridge added

CROP_20210302_233142.jpg

That doesn't look like Flame Maple. I'm not an expert but is that quilted maple?

It looks awesome as well.

Again can't wait to see mine.

• topekatj changed the title to SOLD: 1994 Archtop Studio (Custom?), nice top, $1550, COLORADO CL
On 3/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, topekatj said:

No affiliation. Price is probably a tad high but condition appears to be excellent.

https://cosprings.craigslist.org/msg/d/colorado-springs-1994-hamer-special/7280952071.html

Thank you so much for posting this!!!

It is way better looking in person. Very active Flame Maple and the color and grain changes with light source.

So nice!

archtop studio.jpg

11 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Thank you so much for posting this!!!

It is way better looking in person. Very active Flame Maple and the color and grain changes with light source.

So nice!

archtop studio.jpg

Wowzers! Score, No sh!t, nice maple! How’s the neck feel— a bit on the slimmer side? RW, or ebony fingerboard? If you don’t mind, show a shot of the back, as well. Glad it arrived in good shape, enjoy!

Archived