Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Desert Island Top Ten songs---any two (or more) on the same album?

Hearing both "GImme Shelter" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" recently made me wonder about this notion (if it's viable)---it so happens that two of my all-time favorite songs are by the same artists on the same album. They're quite different, stylistically and presentation-wise, and happen to be the first and last tracks (but position isn't a factor, IMO).

One of the locals I asked  about this idea said he might go with "Lithium" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit", but he's only 50 years old and plays in a weekend warrior band. And those two songs sound a lot alike. 

In such a citation, I'd think the original album should be the source. Greatest hits albums, anthologies and boxed sets don't count. Maybe most live albums shouldn't count either. 

Anybody else got a couple of top ten personal favorites on one album? If so, what and  why?

Uncle John's Band and New Speedway Boogie, Workingman's Dead. The first song sets life's goal posts and the second song has a good beat and it's fun to dance to. 

Hmmmm...maybe four...no five...

1. Aerosmith Toys in the Attic-  Walk this Way and Sweet Emotion.

2. Stones Sticky Fingers—Brown Sugar and Wild Horses

3. Drive By Truckers- - Decoration Day— Marry Me and My Sweet Annette 

4. The Boss Born To Run—-Backstreets and Jungleland....

Darkness on the Edge of Town—Prove it All Night and Badlands...I could prolly pick 2 off the River as well.

5. Yardbirds—-Having a Rave Up- -Train Kept a Rolling and Mister You’re a Better Man Than I

Archived