Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer diablo 1997 reverse hs,

pablo

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking. But the Diablos came with both regular and reverse headstocks. I’ve seen more examples of reverse but I owned a mid 90’s Diablo with a regular headstock.  Killer guitars. I only unloaded it because I was purging myself of Floyd’d guitars and kept my old Charvel instead.

IIRC, the the majority of early Diablos had reverse headstocks.  There was at least one "LE" limited edition run during those first couple of years that had a non-reverse headstock, birdseye maple neck, and another limited run (for a UK dealer/distributor?) that spec'd a toggle switch in place of the usual blade switch.   There was a thread about the LEs not even a year ago, so if you use the search function, you'll likely find it. 

1 minute ago, Steve Haynie said:

Is that a Diablo neck?  Could it be from a Centaura or Chaparral? 

The centered dots and headstock shape put that squarely in mid-late '90s Diablo territory. 

Early gen 1 diablos (92 -94?) Iike that guitar appears to be (two pickups with the neck one slanted) all were reverse headstocks except the special editions as mentioned above. 

Gen 2 diablos (95-??) Were *mostly* forward facing headstocks. I have an early 95' gen 2 and it is reverse. I also own a 93' gen one and it's reverse. 

5 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

The centered dots and headstock shape put that squarely in mid-late '90s Diablo territory. 

Exactly. The Cent necks had offset dots and post- '88 Chappies had Cali-style head stocks.

10 hours ago, pablo said:

An Other thing that call my attention (because im not a diablo expert)is that the neck looks like to be made in one piece of wood?

Screenshot_20210303-105629_Mercado Libre.jpg

Yes, I believe the Diablos used 1 piece necks as opposed to Hamer’s typical 3 piece stressed neck construction. It was one way of bringing down the cost. 

Love Diablos. Wish i still had my mid-90`s regular headstock one as well. My 1992 is still very awesome.

As a side, I think my 2001 studio custom has a 1 piece neck. I have checked over and over for years and still can`t see 3 pieces to the neck. Maybe it was ordered that way.

Archived