Hamer Fan Club Message Center

For those that are not on Facebook. Must see.

3 hours ago, hamerhead said:

It's called a 'painstakingly accurate re-creation'.

Back in my IT days, we called coding or function flubs "undocumented system features."  I think that fits this situation, as well.

I love everything about it with the exception of one thing: the headstock. It just doesn’t look right. Dare I say that the Hamer headstock on the true to spec Les Paul body, from certain angles, looks like.....

a Heritage...

image.gif

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Dibs.

Damn you...

2nd dibs...

5 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I still have the one-piece Korina test body from that build - it would have been cool to have seen that LP-style guitar in Korina, for sure.

Have Mike take the body and finish it...?

52 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Shut your filthy whore mouth Travis. I have dibs on that thing.

image.gif

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Damn you...

2nd dibs...

Have Mike take the body and finish it...?

Mike has his hands full making SHISKOV guitars!   

It IS a cool body though and is exactly to R9 specs from when it was made.

85A1FA2D-5C58-4073-8FC6-6B6284D2595E.jpeg

2AE3245F-86C6-4E7E-8822-784D805C4803.jpeg

4 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Ooooh, I see a solid body Shishkov korina Maverick in my future....thanks for the insight !! 

59 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

NICE! FWIW, I had a Huber Orca with korina body and neck. It was the thinner body (not Orca 59) and had the 25" scale, but otherwise was a near-LP clone. It was a delightful guitar. Sold it to someone here.

Looks like that will turn into a killer!

Didn’t Rick Neilsen have at least one Hamer Les Paul but with a Hamer Standard headstock? Or is that a Gibson?

11 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Didn’t Rick Neilsen have at least one Hamer Les Paul but with a Hamer Standard headstock? Or is that a Gibson?

IIRC, he has a LP with an Explorer headstock (not sure it's an Aldo Nova variant) that he plays quite often. 

3 hours ago, cmatthes said:

That’s absolutely stunning. You’ve GOT to have it completed somehow...

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

IIRC, he has a LP with an Explorer headstock (not sure it's an Aldo Nova variant) that he plays quite often. 

Correct.  Rick has 3 of the “Aldo Nova” Les Pauls.  Essentially, Aldo’s signature model that was never really made.   They did a small run of maybe 12-15 of those in 85-86, and Rick has 2 with regular stop/tunomatic arrangements and one with a Kahler.   There are rumors on Interwebland that Rick bought up all of them, but that’s simply not true.

I took this pic a few years ago, but have seen the guitar in the racks backstage many times over the last 25 years.  

03A94070-5BC5-4C5E-A3F6-BB2AB7827D6A.jpeg

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Correct.  Rick has 3 of the “Aldo Nova” Les Pauls.  Essentially, Aldo’s signature model that was never really made.   They did a small run of maybe 12-15 of those in 85-86, and Rick has 2 with regular stop/tunomatic arrangements and one with a Kahler.   There are rumors on Interwebland that Rick bought up all of them, but that’s simply not true.

I took this pic a few years ago, but have seen the guitar in the racks backstage many times over the last 25 years.  

03A94070-5BC5-4C5E-A3F6-BB2AB7827D6A.jpeg

I've met Aldo on a couple of occassions. Almost 20 years ago now. Damn that I did not ask him about these LP's.

On 3/3/2021 at 5:56 PM, Travis said:

I love everything about it with the exception of one thing: the headstock. It just doesn’t look right. Dare I say that the Hamer headstock on the true to spec Les Paul body, from certain angles, looks like.....

a Heritage...

image.gif

I have to admit, at the first look of the first two pics, I did think it was a Heritage.

Archived