Hamer Fan Club Message Center

48 minutes ago, ArnieZ said:

Congrats, almost identical to the one I had!

arniez

If I can be one half of the guitar player that you are it would serve me well!!

4 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

If I can be one half of the guitar player that you are it would serve me well!!

Spoken by a man who has never heard me play, thanks anyway!! you are better off to have not heard me

arniez

• butcher changed the title to Sold: T51
11 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

My search for the perfect (for me) Tele-type ended with my T51. If I was still looking, I'd have been all over Al's.  To own a Butcher guitar would be an honor indeed.

The previous owner was Nightwolf John Nelson. Therein lies the honor. I told Dave if he feels the need to turn down the guitar and crank up the amp, it's coming from the T51.

Butcher is all aces and this was an exceptional deal.

Hamerica

13 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Wow.  Some serious HFC pedigree in this one.

Even without knowing Nightwolf John Nelson the reverence that he accorded on the HFC is an inspiration. I'm honored to be able to own this guitar. I'll take excellent care of it and if I do ever decide to sell it I will ensure that it will remain in the "family".

Okay, the update. I received the T51 today. Unboxed it and let it acclimate to the cooler temperature and lower humidity of our air conditioned house. First thing I noticed was the excellent condition of the case. Opened it up and there it was, a beauty. Put it on a stand and tuned it up; played great but the strings needed to new strings. Changed the strings, gave it the once over, removed the remnants of the plastic from the pick guard with Goo-B-Gone (incredible stuff), cleaned the fret board, polished and checked the intonation. The match on the two piece body is incredible.

The result? A first class guitar and full of mojo. A little lighter than my USA Fender Tele and a different tone (the Fender has Callaham pick ups). The T51 plays very easily, I love the neck, the pickups roar and it has great sustain. I've owned several other T51s but they were not keepers in any regard, hence why the T51 was far down my list of T-style guitars. This one has drastically changed my opinion of the model.

Thank you, Al, and thanks to everyone who helped with the transaction. fguitbert, sorry man, don't mean to rub it in, but this one's a keeper.

• 1 month later...
  • butcher changed the title to .

Archived