Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Got to own a full stack once in your life

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, rallye440 said:

Those are my DIY amp heads. Friedman, Marshall and Wizard style builds. Just a nice hobby, not business related.

Nothing wrong with that! Did you go for kits or build from scratch? A poster over at that other "H-brand" forum used to make some really excellent Fender Deluxe Reverb homebrews. I wish I had the time, patience, and skill to do something like that. I have trouble replacing pickups in a guitar or soldering speaker wires, so building a whole amp is way beyond me.

9 hours ago, murkat said:

I am truly jealous.

Murkat, it's truly short-term.  Never intended to keep them all.  Just tone shopping and comparing with my own ears to find the one or two rigs I will take to the grave.  Most will be sold locally within the next 12 - 18 months.

10 hours ago, butcher said:

That's what I'm talking about! 

I like the little brother:

DSC_0295.JPG

DAYUMM!!!!   If I'm being honest, this initially gave me the same feeling I used to get as a teen when the cheerleader actually smiled at me.

7 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Be sure to let us know.  Some of us might be geographically close to you. 

Will do.  I'm newer here so not much history as most of my selling has been on Reverb and TGP but will list here as well when the time comes.

10 minutes ago, eddonordo said:

Murkat, it's truly short-term.  Never intended to keep them all.  Just tone shopping and comparing with my own ears to find the one or two rigs I will take to the grave.  Most will be sold locally within the next 12 - 18 months.

Well, if your Queen City out of the 40ish in the U.S. happens to be somewhat close to me...

13 hours ago, eddonordo said:

it's truly short-term.

I have been always fascinated by Mr. Aiken's Work, attention to detail, etc. I was inline for the new 50 watt He was going to build but never got off the ground. Good phone conversations with Him thou in regards to Amps. He makes a fine Amp.

21 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Nothing wrong with that! Did you go for kits or build from scratch? A poster over at that other "H-brand" forum used to make some really excellent Fender Deluxe Reverb homebrews. I wish I had the time, patience, and skill to do something like that. I have trouble replacing pickups in a guitar or soldering speaker wires, so building a whole amp is way beyond me.

All these amps are build from scratch. The simpler ones are based on hand made turret boards but the multi channel amps are PCB:s. There are some nice good quality PCB's available out there. I started my amp building hobby just a few years ago but I have some background in electronics since late 70's.

2 hours ago, murkat said:

I have been always fascinated by Mr. Aiken's Work, attention to detail, etc. I was inline for the new 50 watt He was going to build but never got off the ground. Good phone conversations with Him thou in regards to Amps. He makes a fine Amp.

I just picked up the Aiken last week.  I spent three hours Saturday running it at club level volumes with a '59 LP R9 through my 4x12 loaded with ASW Crossroads.  It was a great sound and Aiken's work looks impeccable.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:40 AM, butcher said:

That's what I'm talking about! 

I like the little brother:

DSC_0295.JPG

Y'all know the new rule on this epic pic.  It must be followed by this one...

BlaringOldfashionedDinosaur-max-1mb.gif

4 hours ago, black magic said:

Wow. What is the 1 hum V!! That`s awesome.

That's a custom made roundhorn by a Finnish company (R.I.P) Amfisound. It's absolutely the best sounding Floyd equipped guitar I have ever owned.

21 hours ago, rallye440 said:

That's a custom made roundhorn by a Finnish company (R.I.P) Amfisound. It's absolutely the best sounding Floyd equipped guitar I have ever owned.

Heck ya. I`d love to own one of those!! I love 1 Hum, 1 Volume guitars. I own 4. 1 Jackson, 2 Carvins and 1 Godin. Rock on.

On 3/10/2021 at 3:08 PM, JGravelin said:

This popped up for sale on my local Craigslist. It's not Treefiddy but it's pretty freaking badass anyway! Marshall Lead 12 stack in white.

https://mankato.craigslist.org/msg/d/mankato-1987-marshall-lead-12-mini-stack/7288058180.html

01111_3Q5K8X5aKnFz_0qq0CI_1200x900.jpg

I love my little Marshall JCM 800 Tube 1 watt mini stack... It's perfect for bedroom practice, sounds great & surprisingly loud... & oh it makes me feel like a giant 😂ZH3zsXy.jpg

Archived