Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anybody getting back to gigging?

Gigged once during the holidays....once since March 2020. Now weighing a handful of potential gigs in April and May....and now June and July.  People are ready to get out and back to some semblance of normal.  That includes us, methinks.

Going to a blues jam tomorrow night...first one since June...taking the Vac so It can breathe at volume. Taking 0006 too.

My AC/DC tribute played 3 or 4 socially distanced, limited audience size gigs last year and we have 6 or 7 on the books for this year.  We wear masks setting up, play our gig, and wear masks loading out.  No shmoozing.

We have a few outdoor gigs lined up.

Texas just lifted the statewide mandate on venue occupancy (effective March 10), so business owners can set their own rules. Does that mean we'll see bars crammed full of people partying like it's 2019? I don't know. Maybe. Probably.

For right now, though,  playing outside where there's plenty of room seems a lot safer.

Hopefully, we'll be back at it.  I've played a few since this started, but it's been really irregular. 

I buy so much gear when I'm not playing...  I need some shows to remind me I don't actually need all of this shit, lol. 

We have two festivals booked this coming summer. But if they will take place, no one really knows I guess.....

I played out about 6x Aug-Feb so the band isn't completely stale.  Nothing until May with about 1/2 of what was expected is already get booked.  I suspect the rest for summer will start confirming between now and end of April as more people are seeing it'll be ok.  

The NBA shutdown was a huge signal last Spring.  The MLB and the NBA are both allowing fans in increasing numbers and that helps to create confidence for other decision makers.  Also I'm starting to see local festivals, picnics, fairs starting to announce.  

Only had two actual performances since the scourge swept the land, but have kept my sanity by hitting the occasional open mic in the adjacent, less restrictive county. The natives are getting restless, though, and I've come up with an as-needed wafting musician type thing for various events. both bands are down the tubes, though, so I'm kind of at loose ends.  Oh, the stroke didn't help, either.

Hoping that my dippy little Singe A minor league baseball team comes back.  They were my real decompression and mental reset resource.  Besides they're into me for two season tickets.

I took the Valvetech to a blues jam last night and played for about an hour and a half. It felt so damn good to be slinging a guitar onstage again....it went very well. Much fun. 

When the scourge hit, I consigned a couple of guitars when it became clear that it would be the longest two weeks in history.  One went away recently, the other is still hanging there.  It's the one I used to use to do my "pasty white folk singer" thing at the local farmers market.  Good fun, middlin' to good money, zero pressure.  I'm still in touch with the manager/operator and may go and get that guitar back.

Archived