Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1992 Hamer USA Diablo

Guy is a bit of a grump. I tried to get him to ship to NJ and I'd pay for everything.  Note the incorrect tremolo. It's a floyd rose with the long string lock screws. You use that whammy bar like EVH, and the sky will be cryin' like SRV. 

33 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

What a great deal on this one!

You kinda have to factor in 150 to 200 for a proper schaller replacement. 

6 hours ago, Cuda75 said:

You kinda have to factor in 150 to 200 for a proper schaller replacement. 

Which could be offset some by selling the Floyd that’s on there...

8 hours ago, Cuda75 said:

Note the incorrect tremolo. It's a floyd rose with the long string lock screws. You use that whammy bar like EVH, and the sky will be cryin' like SRV. 

Interestingly, EVH never pulled his bars up - dive only-  so the longer screws wouldn't necessarily be an issue for anyone who followed suit. That said, if so inclined, you could put some shorter string bolts on there (available through Schaller directly) and it's Vai/Gillis time! :D

5 hours ago, Travis said:

Which could be offset some by selling the Floyd that’s on there...

if you went that route or just changed the screws like Diablo mentions below. I am assuming the Schaller screws will be the same thread pitch as the Floyd ones.  I am finding that everyone wants everything for free on eBay, Reverb, and Clist these days. It's funny actually. 

16 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Interestingly, EVH never pulled his bars up - dive only-  so the longer screws wouldn't necessarily be an issue for anyone who followed suit. That said, if so inclined, you could put some shorter string bolts on there (available through Schaller directly) and it's Vai/Gillis time! :D

Could you imagine having to fill in for Randy Rhodes in that time period and only havinga short period of time to learn it all? People (civilians lol) don't realize  how good professional musicians are. 

11 hours ago, Cuda75 said:

Could you imagine having to fill in for Randy Rhodes in that time period and only havinga short period of time to learn it all? People (civilians lol) don't realize  how good professional musicians are. 

Plus having to pull it off most every night with half the crowd (or more) booing every solo because you're not Randy. 

Randy was cutting edge, so learning his solos would have been exploring a whole new world of technique and musical ideas.   

1 hour ago, velorush said:

Plus having to pull it off most every night with half the crowd (or more) booing every solo because you're not Randy. 

Randy was cutting edge, so learning his solos would have been exploring a whole new world of technique and musical ideas.   

Yep. Once again 80's guitarists are so underrated by civilians (loll x2)  and uneducated musician folk.   These guys brought a whole new level of playing into existence that transcends just being labeled as "metal". EVH, Randy, Brad, Lynch, Gilbert, Becker, list goes on and on. All of these guys were real musicians not just hacks.

On a fusion note, Any frank Gambale fans on this site? Did he ever play a hamer or was he all Ibanez? 

5 minutes ago, killerteddybear said:

Hi KTB, 

Yeah, I know he plays Carvin "Kiesels" now, and used to play Ibanez in his glory days. I was wondering if he  has ever played or was seen playing one of our beloved Hamers! I want to believe! :)

Trevor 

30 minutes ago, Cuda75 said:

PS- I want to hate Keisel, but they look so damn good... LOL 

Jeff Kiesel is a really weird cat, but the guitars are great. I`ve owned many Carvin`s. I have a 1988 DC125 and a 2017 JB200C. You may not like the pickups though, but the guitars play great!! I think they are getting to expensive now though. They use to be a great deal even when new. I don`t like many of their new models as they have gotten rid of most of their tradtitional ones for some really weird new ones. Jeff is 41 years old, but he likes some really strange shapes. I am 51, but seem way older in what I like compared to him. I love Jason Becker, Frank Gambale and RIP Alan Holdsworth, all Carvin players.

• 1 month later...

Archived