Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Here's something you don't see every day, new pickup day!

Silver-Vanguard-Standard-Phantom.jpg

I made the short roadtrip to St. Peter yesterday and was rewarded with a fantastic breakfast conversation with Josh. And now the unholy silver triumvirate: Vanguard, Standard and Phantom are all outfitted with Gravelin pickups. Needless to say, they sound even better than they look!  The 4-3-2-1 Club needs people, badly!

15 minutes ago, BruceM said:

Silver-Vanguard-Standard-Phantom.jpg

I made the short roadtrip to St. Peter yesterday and was rewarded with a fantastic breakfast conversation with Josh. And now the unholy silver triumvirate: Vanguard, Standard and Phantom are all outfitted with Gravelin pickups. Needless to say, they sound even better than they look!  The 4-3-2-1 Club needs people, badly!

Love that paisley pick guard. 

Tell us more about the pickups. Some of Josh’s stock offerings or something extra custom just for you...?

Nothing out of the ordinary requested. I got in on the recent run of humbuckers, requesting a set of Charlotte's for the Standard, and a Shlabotnik for the Phantom. The Vanguard I did a year and a half or so ago, at the same time getting a pickup for my Korina Jr.  I just told him to send me something special, and he did.

The Phantom has a story all its own.  I purchased it new when it was TV Yellow, online, 23 (?) years ago, when online purchases were new. Right after I paid full price, they were blowing them out for $500, of course.  I owned 3 Phantoms and one Phantom Custom. They've all moved to greener pastures, but the TV Yellow one returned.  I sold it to Bubs, who Stiked the finish and added the bridge and pickguard, as well as a Phat Cat pickup.  I bought it back and changed the pickup, so over the years I've paid about 4 times what it was originally worth, as did Bubs. That's what makes it special! 

9 hours ago, BruceM said:

The 4-3-2-1 Club needs people, badly!

April 3rd, 2021 seems like the ideal date.
Not that I would be able to attend, mind you, but I love the idea.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

April 3rd, 2021 seems like the ideal date.
Not that I would be able to attend, mind you, but I love the idea.

Well played, sir. Well played.

Archived