Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This is a very nice 1999 Terry McInturff Glory Standard

Maple top, mahogany back

Rosewood board

25 1/8" scale

Custom Dimarzio pickups, similar to Air Vintage ( according to Dimarzio)

Nice condition, with one ding on the upper back edge(camofouged by previos owner)

Abalone fret markers and TRC

Frets in good condition

$1600 firm, shipping available at actual cost

qbk260yzmyya8kscijmn.jpg bkcjhzesnm85jh6joz83.jpg

$1600 firmfkftx4v3utryy5umlkp4.jpg

mwjdtjhjoluhnosvsqtf.jpgv4nlj0otodlldaep1eoz.jpgdlymtwysnja4dmewmh6q.jpg

4 hours ago, Citrus said:

WOW Beautiful

I'm afraid to ask if it has a chunky neck

1.66 wide at nut

1st fret .92

12th fret .93

those are approximate. I can get more exact if you'd like.

18 minutes ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Gee, this sounds pretty exact already!

Whoa.. that's pretty hefty at the first fret, at least for my hands. All my Hamers range from .87 to .90  but I do like a challenge !   Aren't we getting Stimulus checks soon ? 

I played one once years ago. I remember liking it quite a bit. Quality on par with some of Hamer’s finest. GLWTS

I owned a glory custom from around this same era, it was an amazing playing instrument and the first time I had owned a guitar of that build quality.  It was pretty blingy, (moreso than this one) with gold hardware and it felt a little like wearing a really nice suit that didn't fit quite right, so I moved it along. Used those funds for a goldtop DGT that I loved the looks but didn't like the way it sounded, sold it and bought my first Hamer. Everything has fit since. 

Doin' research on this brand, and saw a "Gear Collector" article where Terry McInturff says he was recruited by Hamer when he moved to Chicago for a while, building one-offs for Hamer endorsers. Anybody here know which ones he made ? 

5 hours ago, tweed said:

Doin' research on this brand, and saw a "Gear Collector" article where Terry McInturff says he was recruited by Hamer when he moved to Chicago for a while, building one-offs for Hamer endorsers. Anybody here know which ones he made ? 

I know he had a hand in designing the Mirage I. Not sure which others he was involved in. 

On 3/12/2021 at 11:52 PM, tweed said:

Oh, I thought he was an employee like Mike Shishkov.

17 hours ago, RobB said:

Eclipse.

He had input in the Mirage, but IIRC most of his suggestions did not make into the final design.  I'll ask him next time I'm in Siler City.

3 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

He had input in the Mirage, but IIRC most of his suggestions did not make into the final design.  I'll ask him next time I'm in Siler City.

If I remember the article correctly, the Mirage was designed by committee. They took an existing body shape from the Watson, slightly modified it, changed the pickup configuration and the bridge, etc. I want to say he had something to do with the koa top, but I could be remembering that all wrong...

ETA, search revealed this thread from 2009....

Archived