Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Green Police! Show us your green guitars.

stobro

8 minutes ago, scottcald said:

That Michael Charvel does some kickin' paint.  Those are cool.

Thank you, They play amazingly well and he & his dad do little things like move the humbucker a 1/4" further away from the bridge then most people, giving it more punch

28 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Thank you, They play amazingly well and he & his dad do little things like move the humbucker a 1/4" further away from the bridge then most people, giving it more punch

I know. I have one of theirs. It’s a beast, though mine is oiled alder. 

2 hours ago, Biz Prof said:

What's the Charvel name for that hue?

That one's a mutt - old model series body w/floyd conversion and a Musikraft neck.

The place that sprayed the body references that color as "lime green metallic". It kinda resembles a color called "gasser green metallic" that you can source from places like Eastwood.

I actually have paint on order from them for a model 1a body that I'm redoing in "verde oliva" (an old Alfa color)

RSk1NRS.jpg

On 3/15/2021 at 6:26 AM, Victor (Fret Friend) said:

Mine (bought as a project / pre-built): Mighty Mite neck. Warmoth body, Gotoh Floyd, Dimarzio Supr Distortion, Sperzel lockers, F-logo...

Cannot add an image: for some reason it is only allocating me 3.8kb for an image!!!

Oh BTW: I was that impressed with this client guitar that I bought it from him before I'd even started work on it. It's not without problems but worth what I paid even p[arted out...

On 3/20/2021 at 9:25 PM, sirDaniel said:

7 up Green Clapton

CA66F716-480B-46B6-9769-A36E48A2B5D9.jpeg

I like the color!  What's the difference between '7-Up Green', and 'Tanqueray Green'?

My aunt once had a kitchen with a 'Family Truckster' ('70's Avocado Green) color scheme.  :wacko:  Not my fave color.

That reminds me, after seeing Willie's Stones post, I hafta ask...did anybody here besides me see the Ringo appearance on Steven Colbert last week?  If anything, I think he's starting to look younger and must've got ahold of some of that 'Dick Clark'/'Cliff Richard' elixir:  :blink: 

2 hours ago, VECTOR said:

So you own this polka dot Vector now? 

No. The guy who originally ordered it from Hamer now has it back in his possession, I'm happy to say. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a partscaster I threw together a few years ago. I thought I wanted a scalloped neck, but just could t get along with it. Too bad, I would have figured out my issues with the volume knob had it had a conventional fret board. Oh well, live and learn.

B1D67DB7-E8F3-46AA-9993-367816F63961.jpeg

Archived