Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KK Downing question

My guess is that he would have had original Hamer Slammers, since that was Hamer’s stock pickup at the time.

Who knows, it could be anything... As it was a custom artist guitar... the one I have reads 16.68K and the red and white wires are tied together suggesting a Seymour Duncan... Perhaps a JB?.. if you're not in a hurry,  I'm about to perform an alien autopsy  on it  in a few days  and will check for sure, but that doesn't mean he used the same pick up back then... whatever this pickup is, it has freaking monsterous tone  

Thanks guys. I got an old slammer in my stash, as well as couple old JBs. There’s a lot about his guitars on the web, but non say about PUs. 

That guitar of yours, Dave..... i could look at those pics for hours. 😛  and of course there is no rush. This project is gonna last for quite a while. Just getting ready for spring time, when i could start working outside. 

On 3/18/2021 at 4:32 AM, Dave Scepter said:

I'm also working on a KKV related project "kinda" ... doing some electrical work and trying to locate some strip LEDs & crushed red velvet  pillow material 🤘ZrvFcEy.jpg

Just wow!

Archived