Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Little Feat

PSA: Maybe I'm just realizing this, but some other Little Feat freak like me has been gathering audio and video of their shows going back to the early 70's. This is being put on Youtube. 

For those who love the Feat this is an awsome thing!!!

I only know that song Texas Twister, remember really liking it. I should check out some of their stuff. 

45 minutes ago, sonic1974 said:

I only know that song Texas Twister, remember really liking it. I should check out some of their stuff. 

Hunt up the show with the Tower of Power horn section.  Then drill down to Dixie Chicken/Tripe Face Boogie.

I saw them a couple of times. Love them, they are a great band. Lowell George is one of my favs. I got turned on to them in the mid late '70s when I bought Linda Ronstadt's Heart Like A Wheel album, and heard Willin'. I saw it was written by Lowell George and wondered who the heck that was, and found out he was in Little Feat. Ran out and bought Sailin' Shoes and I've been a fan ever since! Great music!

Holy shit! Love me some Feat...and that vid with Emmylou and Bonnie on the Midnight Special was awesome. Waiting For Columbus is a fave.

4 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

Bill Payne's piano is off the hook on this one

He was off the hook on so many, maybe not in your face, but his rhythm chops..  yeah!!! And Richie Hayward, my god what master of timing!!!  

1 hour ago, Dutchman said:

He was off the hook on so many, maybe not in your face, but his rhythm chops..  yeah!!! And Richie Hayward, my god what master of timing!!!  

And it's Richie who is doing the vocal double of Lowell's little between verses slide riff.

Huge fan, lucky to see the band a few times in small venues. WFColumbus has long been my very favorite live album.  Saw them in the tiny State Theatre in Kalamazoo and it was the fucking loudest concert I've ever been to and I've seen the Who 4 times. Ears bleeding level sound. Kinda messed up the evening for lots of us to be honest, people were sticking cigarette  butts in our ears.

Side note - arrived kinda early to a Feat show in early 80's Detroit and the opening band was some no name chick, Melissa Ethridge. She started right on time to a venue that was maybe 20% filled. We were about 100' from the stage, so pretty close, and she was STUNNING good fun.  Not just my opinion, her band immediately captured the scant audience. 

Side note 2 - Lowell co-produced the Dead's Shakedown Street back in 78. You can get a cocaine contact high if you get close enough to your speakers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived