Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LOVEPEDAL SNS IS LIVE!

Had some time to open up the Dover Drive with a 50w JCM800 and my VAC22 head. Initially, I was a bit dick-fingered in trying to get a rad tone out of the DD. Then I remembered that Eric Johnson plays his BKButler through a raging Plexi. I turned down the preamp gain on the 800 and cranked the master. Whoah, quite a boost but too "fuzzy/spitty" for my taste. A quick, left-turn of the internal bias knob gave a wonderfully pleasing lead sound, especially on the Gravelin neck in my Navigator Explorer. The key was to play with the balance of the tone/gain knobs to get the sound.

The VAC22 was a bit more work. At first, I used the footswitch to engage both Vols 1 and 2. That didn't quite make it, as there is so much gain there already. Disconnected the FS and did the channel-jumper wiring. That gave a good crunch tone that cleans up with the volume knob. The DD sounded KILLER with this amp. Violiny, flutey lead tones (think Marino, Uli Roth, etc.) that never sounded muddy. Very close to the original TubeDriver, maybe lacking a bit of, "body", of the original, but pretty close.

Doubtful I'll use the DD with my incoming Splawn head, since the Competition has so many gain structure options and a solo boost, too. Gonna experiment with my fave booster (HBE Germania44). Hmmmmm...maybe I should give the Kalamazoo GOD a trial?

Edited by RobB
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Initially, I was a bit dick-fingered

Hahahaha!!!!  “Dick-fingered”….  
😂😂😂🍆🍆🍆🖐🏼🖐🏼🖐🏼

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Travis said:

Hahahaha!!!!  “Dick-fingered”….  

Got that line from the R. Crumb-illustrated book, "How to Talk Texan."

"That boy is so dick-fingered he'd poke his eye out pickin' his nose!"

"That gal is as ugly as Death, backin' outta an outhouse readin' Mad magazine..."

"That old cuss is crazy as a shit-house RAT!"

"He's so wrong it's like a monkey tryin' ta fuck a football!"

...and on it goes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing is really lighting up my interest this time around.  I paused at the Kalamazoo GOD, watched a few demos, then logged out.

On 10/3/2021 at 10:05 AM, bubs_42 said:

I don't understand one thing. He sells these so cheap, the flippers flip them consistently at a certain price point. Why in the hell doesn't he sell them at a higher price point and generate the money for himself. $99 pedal sales for a pedal that brings   $175 all day long and most of the time more. 

Looks like he heard you. Prices are up this round. And boy are the peeps bitching.

And there's some stuff I haven't seen much lately too. White Dragon HW, Germanium Plexi , Psych-girl Eternity, Red Zen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Funny, ya don't see the fucktards bitching about all of the schkullahmukaloons trying to hose everyone over on Reverb listing USED Lovepedals for $300 & $400.

That is why he needs to charge more, it will keep those "Fucktards" from buying all the pedals on the sale and flipping the because they are Unobtainium. That is what drives the crazy prices, I like Sean and his pedals but you can't just flipping give them away. Small batches, honest prices, and take care of the customers after the sale. The small runs, low prices, and disappear until the next sale just chapped my ass. 

$99 Bucks for a Tchula is insane, $99 for the Amp 11 INSANE!, $99 FOR THE KALAMAZOO!!! INSANITY RUN AMUCK. 

You guys should buy some of those, just those three along are worth the price of admission. I'm out, the only thing that i'm interested in and would buy is a Vanilla Zendrive. 

Edited by bubs_42

Half of the 12 pedals posted are at or below the price I paid for them in the past 3 years. 

edit: And 5 of the other 6 are priced below similar offerings for sale 2nd hand on Reverb.

Edited by Hbom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gtrdaddy said:

To be clear, those are the schkullahmukaloons. Fucktards are the ones bitching about Sean's high prices. Life is confusing enough without mixing up the schkullahmukaloons and fucktards.

Thanks for clearing that up, I have not been sleeping well. 

• Haha 2

The HW White Dragon is a fave Lovepedal. Does a good treble booster on one side and you roll the blend knob all the way to a full on fuzz face on the other. In the middle is like treble booster into fuzz. Sounds great into clean or dirty amps.

Les Lius is classic. Really can do the Neil Young exploding 5e3 thing…but how often does one need that? It does various other tweedy tones very well, to include Felder’s tone on One ofThese Nights.

The Believe is a much improved Green Ringer. Not nearly as gritchy as a GR so double stops, including minor double stops work fine. Loves slamming a fuzz.

The Plexi 100 looks intriguing. I dig my Vintage Modern. That pedal seems made for Hamer just by virtue of its name.

• Like 2

I went for the COTernity psych girl. Sean lost money on that one. I was planning on paying full fare for one of those, figuring it would never be on an SNS, so that was impossible for me to resist!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I recently plowed thru a box of Lovepedal at my local shop. Took home:

Les Lius (not sure how to approach this’un, or what it does)

Vintage Modern

60’s Reverb

Amp11 Platinum

So, you may address me as, “Mr. Creosote of Lovepedal.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JGale said:

Yeah, I’ve seen that video. I have the small box without toggle. 

OK, I’ve got it now. Left: Clean, Right: Mean. It does the exploding Tweed, Crazy Horse thing in a pinch. The clean boost is really useful. Both together? Fugeddaboutit!

Edited by RobB

• 2 months later...

Bought a "Twin" and an "Amp 808".  I'll sell my "200lbs of Gold", if anyone wants it.  Great pedal, but I need to free up a space or two on the board. 

1 hour ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

What’s the Gypsy MK Pro?

Yeah, I couldn't find anything about it either.  I'll e-mail him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, The Shark said:

Bought a "Twin" and an "Amp 808".  I'll sell my "200lbs of Gold", if anyone wants it.  Great pedal, but I need to free up a space or two on the board. 

Yeah, I couldn't find anything about it either.  I'll e-mail him.

I also had questions about the GYPSY…

• Like 1