Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NEW (to me) HAMER DAY!!!

Despite the emotional rollercoaster that FedEx's inscrutable tracking algorithm put me through over the past few days, I have finally arrived at my first NEW HAMER DAY in many years, and it's a milestone/bucket-list kind of day, to boot!

Thanks to a heads-up thread in the For Sale/PSA forum, I discovered this baby, and the discovery just happened to coincide with an amazing present from my amazing wife ~ she dumped a bunch of cash into my gear fund, in honor of my 50th birthday.  I took it as a sign.  ;)

Seller packed her up REALLY well ~ bubble wrap around the hardshell case & double boxed.  And the guitar, while not new, could easily have been sold as "new old stock."  There's not a mark on her that I've found yet!  She looks like she just strutted out of the factory yesterday.

But enough words.  How 'bout some pix & vids?

5ADF0DE5-5C54-4822-BE52-ADC08186856B.jpe

DB4D61FC-41E4-4FC8-BAA4-5BD8BA4DD2E0.jpe

The playing is admittedly rough ~ I don't have the action dialed in quite exactly like I like it yet, and I'm one of those wusses who just has to have the action "just so" to play right, plus I'm very much still getting used to the different feel and voicing of this beauty.  But I am STOKED!  This is my third Hamer, and it's been, what? 15 years or more since I picked up my second one.  I've wanted a Newport since the model came out.  Never imagined I'd be in a position to snag one so finely appointed as this one.

Seller was fantastic to deal with ~ great communication over the phone, by text, & via email.  And the guitar got here exactly as described ~ perfect!

Sounds and looks killer!!

Congrats, and happy half century to ya too!

29 minutes ago, draelyc said:

Despite the emotional rollercoaster that FedEx's inscrutable tracking algorithm put me through over the past few days, I have finally arrived at my first NEW HAMER DAY in many years, and it's a milestone/bucket-list kind of day, to boot!

Thanks to a heads-up thread in the For Sale/PSA forum, I discovered this baby, and the discovery just happened to coincide with an amazing present from my amazing wife ~ she dumped a bunch of cash into my gear fund, in honor of my 50th birthday.  I took it as a sign.  ;)

Seller packed her up REALLY well ~ bubble wrap around the hardshell case & double boxed.  And the guitar, while not new, could easily have been sold as "new old stock."  There's not a mark on her that I've found yet!  She looks like she just strutted out of the factory yesterday.

But enough words.  How 'bout some pix & vids?

5ADF0DE5-5C54-4822-BE52-ADC08186856B.jpe

DB4D61FC-41E4-4FC8-BAA4-5BD8BA4DD2E0.jpe

The playing is admittedly rough ~ I don't have the action dialed in quite exactly like I like it yet, and I'm one of those wusses who just has to have the action "just so" to play right, plus I'm very much still getting used to the different feel and voicing of this beauty.  But I am STOKED!  This is my third Hamer, and it's been, what? 15 years or more since I picked up my second one.  I've wanted a Newport since the model came out.  Never imagined I'd be in a position to snag one so finely appointed as this one.

Seller was fantastic to deal with ~ great communication over the phone, by text, & via email.  And the guitar got here exactly as described ~ perfect!

Congrats!  That’s a beautiful specimen. A Newport has been on my watchlist for a while. Admittedly, they’re a little lower on the list some other models that are 25.5” (Tally pro, Monaco, Mirage Maple top...)

And Happy Birthday to you!  That’s a fantastic gift!

Wow, so cool !!  Happy Birthday and congrats on a good score !  Also, mucho props to your wife for supporting you like that, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being a Case Queen (the guitar I meant), that baby looked clean as a whistle ! 

55 minutes ago, tweed said:

Wow, so cool !!  Happy Birthday and congrats on a good score !  Also, mucho props to your wife for supporting you like that, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up being a Case Queen (the guitar I meant), that baby looked clean as a whistle ! 

I mean, yeah — I’m already torn between wanting to play her and wanting to keep her pristine. 😱

Archived