Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NTGF

The "T" is for twang. Picked up a G&L ASAT Classic Tribute from MF Stupid Deal of the Day, arrived today. This one has ALNICO V pickups.

First impressions- beautiful 3 piece ash body. I like the way the pickups sounds, started playing country licks like I was possessed. The neck pickup can be a bit jazzy, nice even tone control roll-off.

I need to adjust the action lower. Would say the nut could be better. The frets seem good. Will take it to a pro if I can't get it tweaked to satisfaction.

20210325_183603.jpg

Good to see that your ASAT made it safely.  Again, thanks for the heads up on the deal.  Mine showed up today.  Two piece ash body with really nice grain, but it comes at a price.  It weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz.  I agree on the nut being crappy, and the frets on mine never got polished.  All in all, I like it.  Although, I haven't played it through my live rig.  The neck feels a little cheap, and the width at the nut is a little narrow for me.  Still, I like it enough to keep it around for the time being.

20210326_232822.jpg

20210326_233436.jpg

8 hours ago, smith said:

Good to see that your ASAT made it safely.  Again, thanks for the heads up on the deal.  Mine showed up today.  Two piece ash body with really nice grain, but it comes at a price.  It weighs 9 lbs. 2 oz.  I agree on the nut being crappy, and the frets on mine never got polished.  All in all, I like it.  Although, I haven't played it through my live rig.  The neck feels a little cheap, and the width at the nut is a little narrow for me.  Still, I like it enough to keep it around for the time being.

20210326_232822.jpg

20210326_233436.jpg

Yes, the ash looks very nice. I haven’t weighed mine but it is not light! Frets definitely need polishing or lots of playing.  My fingerboard got dirty from the strings and it won’t wipe off with just a cloth. May try damp cloth or naptha. Going to get Allen wrenches so I can lower the very high action. Certainly not a T-51, we knew that. 

I am just now turning off my eBay and Reverb feeds. Looks like some folks may have snagged these and are trying to turn them around for $400+

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Ooh...  those look nice. What are the necks like on them?

I never played a G & L neck I didn't like. That's not to say one doesn't exist! Most I've played and owned had a medium/fat feeling C shape that always felt great.

3 minutes ago, Tortious said:

Well, just because someone dumped them at a low price to get out of some inventory doesn't make Dave's price bad. Tribute ASAT Classics usually sell new around $500 +

20% off new price for VG used is reasonable. Ain't tree fiddy, but for a dealer price is ok.

Archived