Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Phantom A5 on Chicago Craigslist

That’s in the next town over from my office if anyone needs any support in acquiring it. The blocked sustain block trem doesn’t bother me as that’s how I played my old ‘83 Vector for years. It’s that damn paddle headstock on the Phantom. The 6 in-line was the best thing they did to that guitar. 

3 hours ago, Travis said:

That’s in the next town over from my office if anyone needs any support in acquiring it. The blocked sustain block trem doesn’t bother me as that’s how I played my old ‘83 Vector for years. It’s that damn paddle headstock on the Phantom. The 6 in-line was the best thing they did to that guitar. 

I've always liked the looks of these and would love to see this guitar in person as there are no photos of the back. 

What was the neck like on your '83 Vector -- were they still skinny at that point?

5 minutes ago, brddg said:

The finish cracking is almost identical to mine, serial is not far off either.  Perhaps I’ll buy it and hang them next to each other. See if I can hoard all of them this color before my demise

What's the neck like on your A5?

1 hour ago, topekatj said:

What's the neck like on your A5?

Medium C. Not a super thin shredder like my San Dimas Jackson or one of my early mockingbirds. But it is very comfortable. Of course I got it when I was 16 and it was my main meat for almost two decades. Hell, I set the intonation in high school and it is still spot on. So I may be biased here. Still one of my faves

6 hours ago, Travis said:

It’s that damn paddle headstock on the Phantom. The 6 in-line was the best thing they did to that guitar. 

Verily.  Ditto the Blitz. 

6 minutes ago, brddg said:

f someone here doesn’t pounce on this one I am steadily leaning towards buying it.

You should... that's a lot of guitar for the money... I wonder if he stills has the original trem arm?

2 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

You should... that's a lot of guitar for the money... I wonder if he stills has the original trem arm?

I still have mine. But it’s broken off at the threads. 😢

5 hours ago, topekatj said:

I've always liked the looks of these and would love to see this guitar in person as there are no photos of the back. 

What was the neck like on your '83 Vector -- were they still skinny at that point?

The neck was thinner, back was pretty flat. It’s the only reason why I sold it. It wasn’t uncomfortable by any means. But I prefer a rounder/thicker profile. It reminded me a lot of my various late 80’s/early 90’s Japanese charvels. 

Archived