Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: White Eclipse - SOLD

I offered this here a couple of years ago, but am now relisting for a lower price.  It's an Eclipse from (I believe) 1996, originally black that I had professionally refinished in vintage white by Wilkins Guitars in Van Nuys, CA.  The color I requested was inspired by a photo of a vintage/aged Alpine White SG Special and Pat Wilkins nailed it - warmer than pure white but not as warm as "cream".  You might call it "bone" or "ivory" maybe?  Anyway, its exactly what I was hoping for and gives off a vintage Gibson vibe.

While reassembling after paint, I upgraded the bridge to a rock-solid TonePros wraparound and swapped the knobs out for my preferred top-hat style.  I still have the original Wilkinson bridge and Tele-style chrome knobs and these will be included in the sale.  Pickups, rings and tuners are all original.  Also included is a Hamer-branded case by TKL that probably dates from the late 1990s or early 2000s.

The guitar is in excellent shape.  Very little fret wear, no functional issues whatsoever, plays really well and has all the hot-rodded Firebird tone you could want.  Near-perfect cosmetic condition.  The only giveaway that this is not a brand new guitar is some gentle oxidization on the pickup covers and other original metal pieces.  Since the refin, this one has been babied, only leaving the house on a handful of occasions.  The case (which I picked up used on eBay) is solid and all latches work, but it has the odd scuff and visible tarnish on the hardware - so its maybe in 7/10 cosmetic condition. 

This time around I am asking $650 plus actual shipping.  Photographing this one is a challenge, because its difficult (for me) to do justice to the color.  But if anyone is seriously interested, I will take more pics with close-ups to show condition etc.

L1020806.jpg

37 minutes ago, specialk said:

Can you still make out the serial # on the headstock?

Would you call the neck a medium? Skinny?

Tanx

ETA: Pics of the headstock? 

The indents of the serial number are visible, but only one or two digits readable.  # starts with a 5 (wait, maybe that means its a '95 not a '96?).

Neck is medium, certainly not skinny.  Dimensions are:  0.850" thickness at the 2nd fret, 0.900" thickness at the 12th fret, nut width is 1.675".

Pics of headstock below.

Eclipse-Headstock-1.jpg

Eclipse-Headstock-2.jpg

Eclipse-Headstock-4.jpg

This guitar reminds me of a Special I had refinished by the Hamer factory in the early 00's in the same color.  For me, it was the result of a sour ebay deal.  The guitar I received had water damage, but they did a great job of restoration at the factory.  I ended up selling it to our own JohnnyThunders after one of the Muse Cafe gatherings. I wonder where that guitar is now?

Yours is a beauty, and the price is not to believed in this day and age.  If I didn't already own two Eclipses, I'd be all over this one.

GLWTS!

1 hour ago, BruceM said:

This guitar reminds me of a Special I had refinished by the Hamer factory in the early 00's in the same color.  For me, it was the result of a sour ebay deal.  The guitar I received had water damage, but they did a great job of restoration at the factory.  I ended up selling it to our own JohnnyThunders after one of the Muse Cafe gatherings. I wonder where that guitar is now?

Yours is a beauty, and the price is not to believed in this day and age.  If I didn't already own two Eclipses, I'd be all over this one.

GLWTS!

I remember that one, Bruce.  He was super proud of that one, did a little more tweaking to it afterward.

Somebody snag this, my Eclipse 6 is long gone and my wallet is vibrating.

2 hours ago, pirateflynn said:

PM sent. I'll take it! 

__

You saved me from myself. Good on you, sir!

• Jellyfish changed the title to FS: White Eclipse - SOLD
10 hours ago, pirateflynn said:

PM sent. I'll take it! 

__

Thanks again for buying this. This guitar had me super tempted.

tenor.gif

8 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Damnit. I was debating all day on buying this guitar....,

I had the message written, almost sent after trade bait was rejected like a nerd in a cheerleader convention.

Dang, like I said that guitar looks like it belongs on the "Dream Police" cover.

Archived