Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamers! Amps! Vids! (and prolly too much talking ... I do go on ... I'm flawed in that way...)

Finally got a chance to make a few quick vids with my recently acquired gear & wanted to share a bit here.  

WARNING:  Quality of video and especially of guitar playing is HIGHLY suspect.  I hope to make some better-quality vids down the road, but as I mentioned I wanted to share these with y'all anyway.  Apologies in advance... 🥶

The big news, of course, is the NEWPORT PRO CUSTOM that Mrs. Draelyc gifted me for my 50th birthday!  I'm still getting used to playing it ~ it's an utterly different critter than either of my other Hamers.  But I'm absolutely loving it so far.

Through my main rig:

Through my newly acquired Suhr Badger head:

And with the Suhr opened up a bit more (plus a special appearance from my #1 ~ Mirage Koa):

There's a little warble in the sound in all the plugged-in videos ~ I think the room volume was knocking the phone around in the mic stand I was using to shoot.  But hopefully the basic tones come across okay...

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

@draelyc Nice toys Sir! FYI, the Newport Pro you have is not a semi hollow, it is a full hollow body! 🙂 

I wondered about that!  Everything I saw online said semi hollow, but looking inside I could definitely see open space under the pickups.  Way cool!  Thanks. 👍

Archived