Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Why? Comments appreciated.

Because they can? Because they want to stretch the definition of guitar?

Honestly some of those people should have just learned to play keyboards. More notes. More polyphony.

I once read a science fiction (or horror) sorta story where  a guy at a stud ranch had two dicks and fucked old women in both holes at the same time.  I recall the description of electric blue sparks flying. I bet the guitar was built for that dude. 

I'll send a dollar to the first person who recognizes the story and names the author. 

There are, er, downsized versions like the Warr guitar that players like Trey Gun can manipulate pretty well. He's been in King Crimson and last I heard was with a Peter Gabriel tribute band called the Security Project (coupla decent live albums).

Couple of decades ago Gibson some kind of Explorer-shaped, zither-like thing for "Maestro" Alex Gregory. 

Because.   Just because.

It's as if someone saw the Gibson Style U harp guitar in Smashing Pumpkins' "Tonight, Tonight" video, but they were watching on a tiny CRT, and thought it had a solid full-width neck instead of floating harp strings...

Beyond the initial curiosity and oddity, I completely fail to see this thing's raison d'être.

The other thing I don't understand is why that guy needed a 17-string guitar for the video if the instrument wasn't necessary for the recording. But whatever. I'm delighted to say I don't understand "influencer" and social media celebrity culture, anyway, and hope I never do. 

Archived