Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WHAT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE GUITAR YOU HAVE EVER OWNED....................HAMER OR OTHER?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/11/2021 at 11:01 PM, soli'd said:

It's right down the road, let's get it in your hands. I'm sure you've got something new I want to play. 🤘

still got that Vigier?

Sure do. Badass guitar summit, Decatur version. Lemme know when... I just got my second Covid shot so I'm less likely to sicken people.

3 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

Wangcaster, made with authentic Saskatchewan Wang.  

image.jpeg

I bet if you put a set of Gravelin’s in there it would sound as good as it feels...

5 hours ago, ptm1diver said:

Wangcaster, made with authentic Saskatchewan Wang.  

image.jpeg

Just to clarify, this is the G-scale "uncut" model (look at the headstock), but it also comes "trimmed" and is available with an F-scale and thicker profile in ebony.

20 hours ago, polara said:

Sure do. Badass guitar summit, Decatur version. Lemme know when... I just got my second Covid shot so I'm less likely to sicken people.

I'm backpacking this weekend but should be free over the next few weeks.  Vax#2 is 4/20 for me.  Good on ya.

used to own a custom order morgan concert cutaway acoustic. flame mahogany neck, african walnut back and sides. It was a stunning guitar but lost my job and had to sell a few items to make the bills. It was a $7500 instrument but the used market on morgans it a bit soft compared to other high end acoustics. Sometimes life is a bitch.

On 4/14/2021 at 12:44 PM, Travis said:

I bet if you put a set of Gravelin’s in there it would sound as good as it feels...

Please be kind, we wouldn’t want Josh to get “wood” over it.  

I don’t have pics at the moment, but after I graduated college and had no real money, I took a small loan from my boss when working at Heavenly Ham around 1995 to buy a near mint 10-string Koa BC Rich Bich From East Coast Music Mall (yes, from the troll himself, but this was a legit ‘77 or ‘78). One of THE MOST beautiful guitars I’ve ever owned. At the time, I paid around $1600 for it. I sold it about 11 or 12 years ago for, IIRC, $3500. The neck was simply too beefy for my tastes and it wasn’t a lot of fun to play. But, man, did it sound awesome.

Currently, the most valuable one I own is probably a near-mint ESP DV8 Dave Mustaine V (not LTD). I’m pondering selling it to pay off my most recent acquisition, but I’m having a very hard time pushing myself to part with it. 

I also have a 2004 Custom Shop BC Rich Mockingbird that I got on eBay for a STEAL several years ago. Not sure what it’s worth now, but I’m guessing close to the DV8.

Archived