Hamer Fan Club Message Center

More Dr. Z Content

Don't judge me you tool bags. 

How about a 1st year Dr. Z Route 66 (Interstate Logo) #62. This one popped on and off GC twice so I bought it to see what it was all about and why does it keep getting returned. My guess is that if you don't have an attenuator this isn't your amp. It kind of goes from ho hum, too WOW. Once you get the amp cooking your golden, this is the only amp I have ever owned that if you dime it on 10 its still has a pretty quiet floor noise but this beautiful harmonic saturation. Hit the front end with a COT Tiki Boost and it goes over the top all you need is your volume pot on your guitar. KT66, and they say its the Beano Tone in a box, well they aren't lying. That is what it does best, too bad I don't have a beano boost around here. 

Will it stick? Who knows, I did a couple of tube swaps and tuned it to what I like to hear, so If I can get it all lined up where its usable with the attenuator then it may just hang around. Still really freaking hard to beat the Carmen Ghia. 

ihBQ4H1.jpgGPak6s7.jpg

HG2rkol.jpg

Judgment?  Never

Tool bag?  Maybe...

Looks killer. Now, how about a family portrait...?

Literally in less than 16 months i've have a pile of Z stuff here in the house. The simplicity of the designs make them what they are. They sounds fucking good or they don't, they were designed to do one thing, not designed to do everything. OLD SCHOOL

50 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

The simplicity of the designs make them what they are. They sound good or they don't, they were designed to do one thing, not designed to do everything. OLD SCHOOL

Jakeboy and I have had that convo about amps, excellent point, bubs42!

I haven't liked every Z that I have played, but the more simple amps I have found to be very useful. They lead you to a different place when you play them, because they feel different. I get on different trains now and again, and when I move off of one amp onto another amp from the same company sometimes the DNA Imprint of the builder is so that they kind of all sound the same. They have shades of that but feel like they are coming from a different place. I'm still on a grand adventure, just enjoy the ride and be thankful that you unlike Hamerhead didn't ding your Shishkov. 

19 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

be thankful that you unlike Hamerhead didn't ding your Shishkov. 

Hmm, maybe I have, but I am not a crybaby!

Maybe I haven't, either.

I am thankful for my beautiful guitars though!

Should I move this to the "For Sale" section yet?

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Should I move this to the "For Sale" section yet?

Has anyone called “dibs” yet...?

I bet this would sound killer in a stereo setup with another 30 watt head. 

Archived