Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb shipping question

Dave Scepter

Question

15 answers to this question

53 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

I remember quite a few years ago

yes. I as well. Different world we live in now. Too much world chaos atm  out weighs a positive end result.

I ship packages several times a year to the Netherlands and to Sweden.  The last fifteen months have been the worst (by a wide margin) in terms of travel time and tracking accuracy.  One even made a U-turn in Amsterdam and came back to me.  USPS had no idea.  The whole system is wonky right now.  I wouldn't ship anything of value overseas. 

Even CONUS USPS packages are taking some roundabout routes and doing a lot of back and forth between the same cities lately.  I had a box shipped from San Diego to Southern Mississippi that made stops in Atlanta, Nashville, Atlanta, Nashville, and Atlanta, in that order.

Does Reverb guarantee/insure OSUS shipments from US residents?

8 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Does Reverb guarantee/insure OSUS shipments from US residents?

I asked multiple questions with returned answers until I got to this very same question then... crickets

45 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

I asked multiple questions with returned answers until I got to this very same question then... crickets

That doesn't inspire confidence...

This is from their "International Shipping Guide"

Take advantage of Reverb's discounted labels.

If you are a seller based in the U.S. and shipping internationally, you can purchase a discounted Reverb shipping label via USPS, UPS or DHL.

Labels are subject to availability based on the buyer's location.

Maximum declared value of $2,500 USD.

Reverb shipping labels are fast, easy to use, and offer the same great shipping protection as domestic labels.

36 minutes ago, cynic said:

This is from their "International Shipping Guide"

Take advantage of Reverb's discounted labels.

If you are a seller based in the U.S. and shipping internationally, you can purchase a discounted Reverb shipping label via USPS, UPS or DHL.

Labels are subject to availability based on the buyer's location.

Maximum declared value of $2,500 USD.

Reverb shipping labels are fast, easy to use, and offer the same great shipping protection as domestic labels.

gFXe0jH.jpg

What's this about?

I shipped a guitar to Belgium about a month and a half ago. If you ship through Reverb, it walks you through the paperwork and is much easier than I had anticipated. Shipping outside of US is still not my preference but I would do it again. Reverb made it simple. On the other hand, I just had a Cali shipped to me from the UK and it's been sitting in customs for days now because the seller didn't use Reverb to ship like I advised and I'm having to go back and forth with DHL to get them all the missing info so I can get it. 

3 hours ago, richardt4520 said:

I shipped a guitar to Belgium about a month and a half ago

Just cause I'm the curious sort, from where and how much?  I've been restricting all my sales to US only but could see opening it up on Reverb sales if the price isn't outrageous.

I'm I Dallas Ft Worth area. I have been pretty hardcore about not shipping outside of the continental US, but I had a Tokai Vivian Campbell model, basically a bolt on Rand copy, for sale and a buyer in Belgium really wanted it. He convinced me to give it a shot so I did. I shipped USPS via Reverb and it was about $135 or something. Very slow shipping but it was cheap and got there in one piece. I don't think I would do that with something really high end though.

On 4/27/2021 at 1:09 PM, richardt4520 said:

I shipped a guitar to Belgium about a month and a half ago. If you ship through Reverb, it walks you through the paperwork and is much easier than I had anticipated. Shipping outside of US is still not my preference but I would do it again. Reverb made it simple. On the other hand, I just had a Cali shipped to me from the UK and it's been sitting in customs for days now because the seller didn't use Reverb to ship like I advised and I'm having to go back and forth with DHL to get them all the missing info so I can get it. 

Nevermind customs, with DHL you'll be lucky to get it at all.  Bonus if it shows up in one piece.

Archived