Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The H110 is back in its rightful owners hands.

I got a call from a friend who said someone was looking for a guitar I owned. The person looking for the guitar is the one who had a hand in building it. There are so many custom features to this guitar that I really liked. It has the fattest neck I've ever seen. It's a true baseball bat. I loved the black ebony with no inlays. It's a true 2", unchambered body. Ebony backplate and TR cover. The back and neck are finished in honey burst. 

I don't know the reason this person sold the guitar to Brentrocks. And of course, Brent screwed with it. I got it with Tim Shaw pickups in it but Brent screwed those up by filling the cover with melted sex wax and pressed the bobbins in it to pot them. So I removed those and sent them back to Brent. I added my own PAF pickups and this thing was a monster with that fat neck and 2" body rim. It was made with the original Gibson wood and machinery in the original Gibson plant on Parsons St. A lot of cool history in this guitar as everyone signed the sticker on the inside of the cover plate. Some of those signatures were original Gibson workers. I don't remember which ones. 

But I got word this Heritage employee was looking for it. I called him and was kind of on the fence about selling it. I mean, I knew I would because it's really his guitar. But when he told me his dad wanted to buy it back for him, I was quite moved. I don't know the reason or reasons because I didn't ask. I have a grown son and have bought guitars for him. I know how it feels to want to buy something special for your son. I made arrangements to sell the guitar back to him minus the pickups at what I have in it as I bought it from Brent. Then I remembered I had changed the pots to CTS, put in a switchcraft switch, cap, etc. but oh well. Then as I was packing it up I saw a tag in the case that read that the originally pickups were the JB set. JB in the bridge and 59 in the neck. I thought, "Well, I have those here." They were in two other guitars but I had them. So I got out my soldering gun and pulled them out of the other guitars and put them in this guitar to make it as original as I could. I sent it off and just now saw this picture on FB that it arrived safely and is in the rightful hands of the original owner / builder. That makes it a good day.

May be an image of guitar and indoor 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh that is nice. I always though the upper horn looked weird, but it kinda grows on you. Glad to hear a nice happy ending.

I went up to the old factory a few times, and they now build in a different part of the building. I remember when one of the workers bought back this blue to green to yellow guitar she had worked on.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

Well, the important thing is that you no longer own it. That’s a win. 

Well, that's pretty shitty. But I guess you knew that when you posted your shit.

The fact that Brentrocks' name was mentioned here - in a Heritage thread, no less - should probably get you banned, Michael!  :D

2 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Hey, he could've posted a link to a "demo"! 🤣

That instantly dispatches Kiz and Muse to your house for a brutal mocking session.  

Not pretty.

15 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I don't know the reason this person sold the guitar to Brentrocks. And of course, Brent screwed with it. I got it with Tim Shaw pickups in it but Brent screwed those up by filling the cover with melted sex wax and pressed the bobbins in it to pot them.

Some idiots should be banned with using any tool what so ever. And wtf is "sex wax". Oh, really, I don't want to know. Now I have pictures on my retina of Brent pouring wax all over his body. And them putting the wax in the pickups. That is sick, for real.

But other than that, great story!

5 minutes ago, Disturber said:

Some idiots should be banned with using any tool what so ever. And wtf is "sex wax". Oh, really, I don't want to know. Now I have pictures on my retina of Brent pouring wax all over his body. And them putting the wax in the pickups. That is sick, for real.

But other than that, great story!

I'm not sure why they would have Sex Wax in Detroit. Sex Wax looks like a white or offwhite hockey puck. It's used on surfboards. It's a brand name from way back. A surfboard needs a nice coating of wax to keep your feet from sliding around. 

Sexwax Original Surf Wax | SW | Mr. Zog's Surfboard Wax

43 minutes ago, Disturber said:

Now I have pictures on my retina of Brent pouring wax all over his body. And them putting the wax in the pickups. That is sick, for real.

And now we all do, too.  Thanks a lot.  

6 minutes ago, kizanski said:

And now we all do, too.  Thanks a lot.  

Cue the grody pic of the androgynous ogre sitting at a filthy, cluttered table and smoking.  Someone here used to post that damn pic every other day, causing several members to puke in response.

Last night, while I was trying to eat dinner, the bartender, who is a friend, went into a detailed story about a young man who, drunk after the Ole Miss baseball game, puked crawfish and corn all over the table at which he was sitting.

Trying to eat while thinking of what crawfish and corn puke must have smelled and looked like was difficult.  

With that panda pic, this thread may be worse. 

Archived