Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The H110 is back in its rightful owners hands.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

You'd just have to ask the legend himself. I searched "brentrocks" on YT and it came up LOL.

I was just hoping to see the latest, high quality find from the guitar emporium and instead I’m witness to that...

Damn, Jamie, I thought we were friends...

Oh no, the thread went there.

Now I'm gonna go buy every Hamer, Heritage, Gibson, PRS, etc that I can, rip out the pickups, put T-tops in them, and top wrap the tailpieces.

Must have really burned that he couldn't top wrap this one!

28 minutes ago, Dana_V said:

Channeling Jimi in this high-energy performance.

Right up there with Roseanne's Anthem performance. Why would anyone be proud enough of that to post it online? The pick rake at the end was the only thing he didn't flub! Someone should tell him to encase his hands, not pickups, in sexwax to reduce noise!

2 hours ago, joshoowah said:

Right up there with Roseanne's Anthem performance. Why would anyone be proud enough of that to post it online? The pick rake at the end was the only thing he didn't flub! Someone should tell him to encase his hands, not pickups, in sexwax to reduce noise!

I don't know. You really have to admire someone who is so comfortable in their own skin that they are oblivious to their own inadequacies. 

3 hours ago, Dana_V said:

Channeling Jimi in this high-energy performance.

I love the guy on the right who can't even look at him. 

6 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I don't know. You really have to admire someone who is so comfortable in their own skin that they are oblivious to their own inadequacies. 

That quality can also go horribly, horribly wrong. 

32 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I actually do, usually.  In this case though I think it's more a result of Dunning-Kruger than any real swagger.

47 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Um, that or he’s intentionally torturing everyone around him.

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

I actually do, usually.  In this case though I think it's more a result of Dunning-Kruger than any real swagger.

Yeah, I was going to use Dunning-Kruger but I was trying to be polite. :lol:

22 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

My original post included a line at the end I erased:

"This opinion brought to you by a guitar god whose entire documented live performance history is on 2 dusty VHS tapes and one cassette."

8 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Yeah, I was going to use Dunning-Kruger but I was trying to be polite. :lol:

But he was always a brutally honest guy.

Remember his signature line in RED, he's still using it:

"I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player."

17 minutes ago, donner said:

But he was always a brutally honest guy.

Remember his signature line in RED, he's still using it:

"I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player."

Thats not being honest. Its gonna take a lot more than that!

Man... Anyone that would take a pristine korina Vector to the local Home Depot, and lay it out on top of stacks of 2x4's in order to take pictures of it with it's 'relatives', has more than one screw loose. That had to be a spectacle. Anybody remember that thread?

31 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Thats not being honest. Its gonna take a lot more than that!

32 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Brutally honest until he sells you a Chibson Gibson instead of the real deal.

Should better have added this sarcasm.gif to my earlier post?

sarcasm-2.gif

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

Man... Anyone that would take a pristine korina Vector to the local Home Depot, and lay it out on top of stacks of 2x4's in order to take pictures of it with it's 'relatives', has more than one screw loose. That had to be a spectacle. Anybody remember that thread?

I am going to have nightmares about that now.

I swear, he's a person who needs to flip a guitar before he 'gets used to it' or something like that.

44 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

I am going to have nightmares about that now.

I swear, he's a person who needs to flip a guitar before he 'gets used to it' or something like that.

Honestly, going back to my earlier post, maybe he just likes what he's doing. Don't judge too harshly. It's not like he's killing a dog. (though it might sound like it.)

4 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Hmmm......... I have to ask. Are some of your comments sly and directed toward my concern? :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Honestly, going back to my earlier post, maybe he just likes what he's doing. Don't judge too harshly. It's not like he's killing a dog. (though it might sound like it.)

True, but it's one of those "it's not what you do it's how you do it".  I know plenty of people who buy and sell all the time, but very few who go on a curse filled tirade and threaten to shoot someone because they dared to buy a guitar he wanted. Mind you this is after we had a bunch of meetups at the Heritage factory. No, I wasn't the one threatened, but it really is the reason I stopped going, and why I barely post at that forum anymore.

20 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

True, but it's one of those "it's not what you do it's how you do it".  I know plenty of people who buy and sell all the time, but very few who go on a curse filled tirade and threaten to shoot someone because they dared to buy a guitar he wanted. Mind you this is after we had a bunch of meetups at the Heritage factory. No, I wasn't the one threatened, but it really is the reason I stopped going, and why I barely post at that forum anymore.

Oh shit. Yeah. Fuck that guy then. 

42 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Wow... Now THAT is full on psycho. 

Archived