Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Today is a GreaT day!!!!! (Phantom GT content)

So, I've been on here for many years, and have ALWAYS been on the hunt for the guitar played by my idol, and one of the greatest guitarists EVER, Glenn Tipton. I don't know how many Phantom Gas were made in total, but not many. They're so rare, that they go for $$$$ when they pop up on Reverb. It's a guitar that has eluded me for over 20 years.

Lo and behold, long-time HFC member @GusS shoots me a msg and couple of weeks ago. Long story short, he was so great to deal with, offered me a deal I couldn't refuse (don't tell my wife...) and worked with me to get his GT from Canada to me in CT. But......I NOW HAVE MY VERY FIRST HAMER PHANTOM GT AND I'M FUCKING PUMPED!!!!!!!!!! Sending a large sum of money to someone you don't know is always a risk, but Gus has a great reputation on here. My only real anxiety was getting it un-damaged. Also, it got held up in customs for over a week. Grr! However, this thing was packed so well, you could have dropped it out of an airplane and it wouldn't have broken. I'm actually still cleaning up the peanuts and bubble wrap. :D

While it's not black or Mars red like Glenn's, I don't care. I've experienced a holy grail moment today. Thank you, Gus!!!!

Now, to figure out how to score a KK Downing V....

(PS: If anyone is *seriously* interested in a near-mint custom shop ESP DV8 Dave Mustaine sig, I may be open to offers....) 

IMG_9810.JPG

21 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Now THAT is what a Phantom should look like!

Oh, then you're gonna hate the one I'm about to come into possession of ;)

To the OP- congrats on a kickass score! Even with a Kahler, that's a beaut for sure!  :P

The HFC does rock!

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Oh, then you're gonna hate the one I'm about to come into possession of ;)

Nah, I'll probably love it....unless it's a paddle head.  My ideal Phantom would sport an OEM Floyd, but the primary gotta-have is the 6-in-line headstock. 

23 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

the primary gotta-have is the 6-in-line headstock. 

image.gif

36 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Nah, I'll probably love it....unless it's a paddle head.  My ideal Phantom would sport an OEM Floyd, but the primary gotta-have is the 6-in-line headstock. 

Well, it IS 6-in-line and not a paddle. But it's not a Diablo/GT style head stock ;)

12 minutes ago, Travis said:

image.gif

22 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Have you broken the law yet?

Even if he hasn't, I'd be willing to bet he was living after midnight with that new-to-him Phantom GT. 

1 hour ago, Steve Haynie said:

Have you broken the law yet?

If so, some heads are gonna roll....

21 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

while you're heading out to the highway.

With a Freewheel Burning next to your Turbo Lover trying to beat the Bullet Train because you’re Hellbent for Leather...

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

With a Freewheel Burning next to your Turbo Lover trying to beat the Bullet Train because you’re Hellbent for Leather...

...popping Painkiller[s].

On 4/15/2021 at 2:25 PM, Biz Prof said:

while you're heading out to the highway.

Along side the Green Manalishi with the two pronged crown

Archived