Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Artist semi-hollow on verb

3 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Great price, but the early ones aren't the same as the later ones. The 97's are just over routed around the F Hole and not chambered like the later ones, if i'm not mistaken. That is one pretty guitar for sure. 

Oh, really...??  I did not know that...  

I had it on my list to track down a 90’s Artist or Studio with a wrap tail eventually. 

With what you’re saying then it would be much less noticeable of a difference than between the 2000’s Studios and Artists if that’s all that’s taken out of those 90’s models...

30 minutes ago, Travis said:

Oh, really...??  I did not know that...  

I had it on my list to track down a 90’s Artist or Studio with a wrap tail eventually. 

With what you’re saying then it would be much less noticeable of a difference than between the 2000’s Studios and Artists if that’s all that’s taken out of those 90’s models...

Yes, it will also have that medium neck shape. The 90s wraptail bridge itself I feel is crap too. The G and B strings sound funny to me, they are on the only non solid part of the bridge. 

8 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Yes, it will also have that medium neck shape. The 90s wraptail bridge itself I feel is crap too. The G and B strings sound funny to me, they are on the only non solid part of the bridge. 

Well, the bridge should be easy enough to replace, and I’ve got plenty of experience with the mid 90’s neck shape. However, I’m at a time in my life where I don’t feel like compromising. I’d rather have a big ass neck then most anything else. Thanks for the info!

I'm genuinely surprised at you guys! I thought for sure someone would have a hot-take on the gold hardware requiring a price correction, followed by "At least it has crowns instead of Victories," and then a "no first fret or victory inlays - gold hardware partially forgiven" bit!

2 hours ago, joshoowah said:

I'm genuinely surprised at you guys! I thought for sure someone would have a hot-take on the gold hardware requiring a price correction, followed by "At least it has crowns instead of Victories," and then a "no first fret or victory inlays - gold hardware partially forgiven" bit!

I considered stating my disgust with the gold hardware. But then I figured no one cared and someone probably liked it...

image.gif

12 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Great price, but the early ones aren't the same as the later ones. The 97's are just over routed around the F Hole and not chambered like the later ones, if i'm not mistaken. That is one pretty guitar for sure. 

My 96 had a thinner neck.  At some point in the late 90's or early 2000's Hamer must of decided to tape off the F hole when they sprayed the body.  People rarely look in the F hole but I thought the over spray in the cavity looked like crap on my 96.  My 2001 and 2006 were clean bare wood inside of the cavity.  Kind of like looking in the sound hole of an acoustic.  I liked the thicker neck on the 2000 models.  I think I joined this form in the early 2000's.  This guitar looks expensive to me as I picked up my 2001 Custom Artist for $850.  But I guess gold was selling at $500 an ounce back then and now it's $1800 an ounce.  So in reality in todays dollars this Artist is cheaper than what I paid for the 2001.  I'll quit rambling, Nice Guitar!

Archived