Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Ultra Rare Vanguard Korina HB - Wow!

/S

https://reverb.com/item/40015375-rare-2000-hamer-korina-vanguard-w-humbuckers-w-ohsc

Yeah... more than twice the price because it says "VAN HB" on the hang tag...

"This was a special/custom order by a customer of Flynn Guitars (Evanston Illinois) in 2000. To the best of our knowledge, this is the only korina-made Hamer Vanguard with humbuckers (versus P-90’s) in existence..."

I'm sooooo tempted... what a bargain for 1-of-1 Hamer! I remember the chapter dedicated to this guitar in the book... OK, I'll stop now. Seller's a tool. You get it.

11 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I have a Humbucker Artist that doesn't have the Hamer logo burnt in under the f hole.... that's gotta be rare!!! 

No way!!! Easily a $5k guitar!

At that price, it's the typical guitar you salivate while pushing the trigger. As soon as you get it out of the case, you notice the headstock shape (you did not when looking at the pictures, fixated on that beautiful color, grain and body silhouette) and say... "uhhh ohhhh".... 

Then, you estimate how much in the red you will be when selling it. 😒

Bwahahahahahahaahahahahahaahhaahahahahaahahahahahaha! 

Right.

8 hours ago, Jorge said:

At that price, it's the typical guitar you salivate while pushing the trigger. As soon as you get it out of the case, you notice the headstock shape (you did not when looking at the pictures, fixated on that beautiful color, grain and body silhouette) and say... "uhhh ohhhh".... 

Then, you estimate how much in the red you will be when selling it. 😒

Sorry, what's wrong with the headstock shape?

10 minutes ago, Jorge said:

If you ike how it looks, nothing wrong with it at all. I just never did.

I mean, it’s not really all THAT different than some other widely accepted brands. For the most part I think the Hamer paddle headstock matches the various models it was attached to. The exceptions are the Vector, Blitz and Phantom (plus the various Strat/superstrat variants but those never came with a paddle anyway). Those models do NOT work with the paddle and that is a hill I’m willing to die on. 

A5E0ACEC-0162-46B3-90AF-34CF884DB162.jpeg

9DAB4DCF-87AD-429B-8F1A-43C8D0111A14.jpeg

On 4/15/2021 at 5:14 PM, Dutchman said:

I have a Humbucker Artist that doesn't have the Hamer logo burnt in under the f hole.... that's gotta be rare!!! 

Yep but that price, you get a 3 +  3 tuners head instead of a 3 + 3 head...It makes a huge difference , especially if you consider the head heavy impact blowing in the wind....My goodness, Lewis Caroll is still alive, thanks it makes my day...

Archived