Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Help Identifying this Standard year and decoding the autograph on the back of the headstock

79Sunburst

Question

Been away with some pressing personal business  for a few weeks and I received an email from a friend that has this Hamer  Standard he purchased some time ago. He wanted to know if I could give him some details on what he had. 

So I thought I'd ask the gurus here.

Yes, it's a lefty. 

Thanks in advance. 

IMG_3868_50.jpg

IMG_3867_50.jpg

11 answers to this question

What are you wanting to find out?  Jol Dantzig signed the headstock to someone named Bob.  OK.  There are lots of Bobs out there.  He might have done that when he did his guru tour with Frank Rindone.  Maybe someone got the guitar signed at a factory open house. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

What are you wanting to find out?  Jol Dantzig signed the headstock to someone named Bob.  OK.  There are lots of Bobs out there.  He might have done that when he did his guru tour with Frank Rindone.  Maybe someone got the guitar signed at a factory open house. 

Ah, Dantzig's signature.  Thank you. 

Can you tell what year it was manufactured?  Yes, this guy is not the "Bob" named in the autograph. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

I cannot see the serial number big enough to tell what year the guitar was made.  What are the first three numbers? 

J-0-L

20 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

I cannot see the serial number big enough to tell what year the guitar was made.  What are the first three numbers? 

Can’t be 100% on the first number. Looks like a 5. The second two numbers are 49. 

9 hours ago, kizanski said:

Bob, it actually DOES get better.
Step 1.  Don't have jackhole Jol sign your guitar.
Step 2. Don't have anyone, ever sign your guitar.

Kis, you wanna sign my purple jr? Pretty please!

Archived